Chapter 31

When we got back to the hotel, Dmitri and JYP both escorted Chan and the fan to the bar for drinks

When we got back to the hotel, Dmitri and JYP both escorted Chan and the fan to the bar for drinks. Chan glanced back at me helplessly before being dragged away.

I couldn't stomach watching them and went up to our room. I paced back and forth trying to figure out if there was anything that I could do to help him.

Someone knocked at my door. I ran over right away wondering if it was Chan (though he'd have a key to get in) or maybe Felix.

Who I hadn't expected to see was Han. He had his head hung and his hands in his pockets.

"Can I come in?" he asked shyly.

"Of course," I stepped aside.

I hadn't spent much time with Han. I had admired him as a fan, but he was so quiet in the group. It was hard to get to know him when others were so much louder.

"I'm sorry, for what JYP is making Chan do," he said. He sat on the desk chair, and I sat at the foot of my bed across from him. "I deal with it every time someone chooses Lee Know, too."

I'd noticed earlier today that they may be together. It hadn't dawned on me that they had each been through this exact torment dozens of times.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with both sides of it. You all deserve so much better."

Han gave me a soft, sympathetic smile. "Even if me and you just sit here and complain about it, I figured that any company would be better than sitting here alone."

"I appreciate it."

"And I know you usually rely on Felix, but I figured since I'd gone through it from the same perspective as you, I may be a little easier to talk to."

"How do you deal with it?" I sighed. Waiting for Chan to come back was hell. Wondering what he was doing with her...

"Not very well," he admitted. "But there's nothing we can do about it. So I pretend like it never happened at all."

"Avoiding it doesn't fix it," I told him.

"There is no way to fix it, so avoiding it is the only option apart from anger."

"What would happen if the media found out?" I asked him. I'd wondered what would happen if we just told people.

"The media is a part of it. They'd never run the story," he said sadly. "Once when I was fed up, I made an anonymous Twitter account and tweeted out everything about it. People just said that I was lying or a bot."

He looked sick at the fact that this was something they had to undergo. Maybe it was because the truth was literally in peoples' hands, but they'd avoided it.

"I'm sorry," I offered again.

"Me too."

There was another knock at my door. Felix and Lee Know had arrived together with food.