Chapter 10

We had nearly finished our meal when Chan handed security his card to pay

We had nearly finished our meal when Chan handed security his card to pay. He stared at me as I took the last few sips of soup.

"Why didn't you just order another one if you're so upset about it?" I asked in an annoyed tone.

"Because I didn't want it that badly anyways. I would've taken it from you if I did."

"Sure you would've," I rolled my eyes. "Even with the peanut gallery behind you?"

He turned and peaked over his shoulder at the growing crowd behind him.

"Yeah, maybe not." He huffed and stood up. Still facing away from the window, he put on a fake smile and extended his hand to me.

"Time to go," he ordered. His face appeared happy, but his tone was off-putting. I was sure he'd try to argue in the car.

I took his hand, and we intertwined our fingers like a real couple would. I looked down at our clasped hands. Unlike our facial expressions, they showed no distaste for each other and even looked cute as they swung at our sides.

Chan turned to me and then looked at them too. "The crowd grew while we were eating, stay close," he warned and the driver opened the door for us.

Unlike at the arena, there weren't any barricades here. People pushed into us trying to get photos of Chan. The camera flashes were bright and made my vision blurry. I noticed that he was keeping his head down so that he wouldn't be blinded, and I did the same.

We had to take small steps as Dmitri tried his best to clear a path for us. The problem was that even if those right in front of him were willing to move, there were dozens more behind them making it impossible.

One of the fans got between Chan and I somehow, and she stopped walking to take photos of him. My hand slipped from Chan's, and we were instantly separated in the crowd.

"Chan!" I called out, but he couldn't hear me over the screams.

Someone else seized the opportunity to grab his hand and another person held onto his jacket as he continued to move forward.

I tried to look around for the driver who I thought was behind me, but the camera flashes made it impossible to see. People crowded around me and gave me no space to move or breathe. I felt dizzy.

My heart raced, and I tried to get back to the safety of the restaurant, but the crowd was too big and aggressive. I couldn't move even an inch in any direction.

" Slut," someone shouted in the distance.

"Whore!" someone closer called me.

"Look she even has her tits out," someone laughed.

More names and jaded comments were thrown at me, and I tried to cover myself by pulling my top up. I attempted to block out the camera flashes and the name-calling and tried to focus on finding a way out. I felt like I was drowning and the sea of people swallowed me up.