Chapter 45

I woke up feeling dizzy, dehydrated, and wondering where the hell I was

I woke up feeling dizzy, dehydrated, and wondering where the hell I was. I reluctantly opened my eyes and covered them immediately as the sun had poured in through the windows and was far too bright.

I was in Mana's living room, and, for some reason, laying on her rug on the floor, sprawled out like a starfish.

I heard snoring and turned to see Chan on the couch. Memories of last night flooded my brain. I'd been so drunk. I felt so embarrassed.

And angry...he'd kissed someone else.

I stood up slowly and walked to the kitchen. I made myself a glass of water that I downed. And another. And another.

I headed to see if Mana was awake. "Good morning," I greeted quietly as I opened her door.

That greeting was followed by a scream as I saw a naked Seungmin in her bed.

"Oh my god!" I ran away towards the living room and Chan hopped up.

"Ella? Are you okay? What is it?" he asked.

"Seungmin!" I shouted.

Confused, Chan went into the room and saw his friend in bed with my friend.

"It's too early for this," Mana complained as she walked into the living room in her pajama set.

"It's 1," Seungmin laughed as he followed behind her.

"You two?" I couldn't believe it.

"Yea," she blushed.

"Really?" Chan seemed just as surprised as I was. "So that's what those sounds were."

"Oh god," Mana covered her face as it turned bright red.

"Wait, did Seungmin take the guest room and lock me out and then use your bed anyway?" I assumed. There had to be a reason that I was on the floor.

"No, actually that was all you. We put you into bed multiple times. We tried the couch, too, but you insisted that the rug was comfier," Seungmin informed me.

I covered my face now.

"It was cute," Chan tried to console me.

I didn't want consolation though. "We need to talk," I told him and pulled him out onto the balcony, closing the door behind us. Mana gave me a thumbs up for good luck.

Chan looked as guilty as I've ever seen a person. "Ella, I'm sorry."

"Let me start," I interrupted. "I nearly die. You send me away by not only saying you never cared about me but by also reciting words my rapist said to me. Then, you go so dark and so out of character that your friend has to call and ask me to come save you when they know I still have feelings for you."

He tried to cut me off, but I kept going, "Then despite logic, I drop everything, and I turn up to find you hooking up with a random girl. Not even for fan service."