Chapter 8

"Absolutely not," I told Felix immediately, and Chan laughed loudly as he left to go down the hallway

"I think it might be the only option," he explained. "Anything else we do leaves you open to ridicule."

"Yeah, but they'll tear me apart even worse if they think I stole their chance at Chan. That's how they'll see it. I'll be dragged across the internet."

"Chan won't let that happen," Felix shook his head.

"Chan didn't even try to get people to stop throwing things at me. He wouldn't care about what virtual hate I received."

"He was in shock."

"It doesn't matter. He has no reason to help me, and I don't want to be stuck by his side. He doesn't like me and doesn't treat me with even an ounce of respect."

"He will," Felix argued.

"What makes you so sure?"

"Because Chan wants a way out of evening fan service more than the rest of us."

"That's not reason enough for him to not only fake date me but also actively defend me."

I felt hopeless. I stared at my shoes. My stupid shoes that had gotten me into this mess.

"And because I saw the way he looked at you during Red Lights."

I looked up at Felix. My heart stopped. I hadn't made it up.

"He likes you. The way you didn't just roll over and follow him upstairs...that's never happened before."

"I was the only person who had ever turned him down?" I laughed. "Poor little idol boy with too many options."

Felix frowned. "He's been through a lot."

"So have I," I stated. It hung in the air and the silence was palpable.

Neither of us spoke as we tried to think up other solutions. One thought was tugging at my lips to be asked.

"Why are you trying so hard to help me?"

Felix looked up at me and shrugged. "Because I think you're a good person, and honestly I think we need more people who will stand up to Chan. I think you'd be good for him."

"He's not good to me, though," I muttered, recalling the endless teasing and horrible looks he'd given me.

"Not yet."

"Felix, it's time to go," Seungmin announced and we stood to leave his room.

"Ella! What's up?" Seungmin grinned when he noticed me. "I thought you would've left by now."

"Still here," I smiled.

"Are you coming to the hotel with us?" he asked though it sounded more like an invitation than a question.