Chapter 30

"Really?" Chan pulled away with a huge smile spread across his face

"Really?" Chan pulled away with a huge smile spread across his face. I nodded, and he gave me a longer kiss and then wrapped around me completely.

"We'll celebrate later but right now, you need to get back to sound check before JYP accuses you of 'failing in your idol duties'," I reminded him.

"Okay, but we are definitely celebrating." He pulled me into a side hug as we walked back to the stage and kissed the top of my head. "I'm so excited."

He skipped off to join the others, and I laughed as I watched him act so adorably. I turned and saw JYP looking between us. He seemed surprised by our cheerful attitudes. I wondered if he'd thought my past would ruin us.

I walked over to him. "Thank you for allowing me to stay," I told him. Keep your enemies closer...

"Of course. Chris seems very happy."

Dmitri arrived to take me to my seat for the concert. "Would you like to join me?" I invited him, hoping that he'd turn me down.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "I prefer to watch from the wings."

I was eternally grateful that I wouldn't have to spend more time with him than necessary. "Enjoy the show," I told him.

"You, too."

Fans started piling in, and I was proud that I saw even more boots than I had at the other shows. JYP would see firsthand the support for our relationship.

I had Dmitri escort me to the concession stand to get a drink. Fans recognized me, and I took selfies with them. A secret part of my plan was to make myself as visible as possible. JYP couldn't make someone disappear that people constantly had eyes on.

Once I had my drink, we headed back to the box to watch the show. After the first couple of songs, Chan introduced the group as usual.

But then he looked up at me with his eyes twinkling. "And also I have a special guest here tonight. Everyone say hello to my beautiful girlfriend, Ella!"

My heart swelled as I blew him a kiss. He pretended to catch it with a smile. I hadn't expected him to announce me, but I guess we both wanted JYP to have a harder time sending me away. Even though he had said we could date, he could pull the rug out from under us at any time. We needed visibility. Chan just gave it to us.

"Aren't they cute," Felix complimented.

"Who saw Chan's post?"

Chants erupted as fans caught on more quickly than I had to what was happening.

The beginning notes to The View began and they played their surprise song with Chan singing to me the entire time. They didn't do their choreo, but instead fanned out and sang to the audience.

People turned their cameras around to record my reaction just as much as they filmed the guys' performance. Once the song ended, the arena cheered so loudly that I had to cover my ears.

They hadn't done a surprise song on the tour yet. Nobody had expected it. I had spent every day with them and had no idea. Chan must've planned it with very little prep.

I held up a heart hand for him, and he returned it.

At intermission, they announced the prize again, and I felt sick knowing there was nothing that I could do to stop it. I had Dmitri take me backstage where I would wait for Chan as I had yesterday.

So many fans came up to ask questions or to take photos with me. It took much longer to get backstage, and the show was nearly over when I finally made it. JYP looked at me smugly, and I went to Chan's dressing room so that I wouldn't have to make more pleasant small talk with him.

Chan and I were together. That was all that mattered right now.

The show ended and the fans cheered. Chan rushed into his dressing room and picked me up off of the ground.

I held his face and kissed him.

"Did you like the surprise?" he asked as he set me down.

"I loved it!" I told him. "When did you even plan that?"

"During sound check," he confessed. "We haven't practiced the dance in a while but at least we all remembered the lyrics."

"You're so impulsive," I laughed.

"Yes, yes I am," he kissed me sweetly, and we went to join the others for the walk to the bus.

As we neared the exit, we could see JYP was standing with a woman in a yellow bandeau, black baggy cargo pants, and an Off-White caution tape belt. She had long black hair and a perfect figure to complement her outfit.

"There he is," JYP said. The woman turned and ran up to Chan, flinging her arms around him.

He stumbled back, and I looked over to JYP.

The other members started to appear from their rooms and took in the scene.

"She's won our prize for the evening. Drinks with Chan," JYP informed us.

My stomach was in knots. Chan looked at me with a pained expression and squeezed my hand tightly before letting go.

Chan smiled at her. "Congratulations!" he said excitedly. He couldn't even pretend to be mean as he had with me since JYP was there to observe him.

I wanted to step forward and intervene but Felix joined me at my right side. "Don't," he whispered.

"This is for you," JYP handed her the employee sweatshirt. She put it on and Chan allowed her to go ahead of him out towards the bus. He didn't even glance back at me.

JYP turned to watch my reaction carefully. I knew he hadn't realized that we'd removed Chan from the roster for fan service. I had to act like this was normal.

I grabbed Felix's arm, and we walked towards the bus together.

"Smile," he reminded me.

I pretended to be laughing at something he said and waved to people as we walked by. The second we got onto the bus, I headed straight past Chan, past the fan, and went into the bathroom and threw up.

I rummaged through the medicine cabinet and found mouthwash labeled "Lee Know's DO NOT USE" and rinsed the vomit taste away.

I went back and sat on the other side of Chan. He maintained his conversation with the fan without so much as looking at me, but his hand wove its way through mine.

We would get through this.