Chapter 15

I woke up the next morning and would have forgotten where I was if Chan hadn't been snoring so loudly in the bed across from mine

I saw that it was still pretty early at 7 am and decided to go get a run in before he woke up. I tiptoed around the room and attempted to dress quietly. I put on my leggings and sports bra and threw a baggy t-shirt over it. I lazily tossed my hair into a ponytail and headed out with my running watch, phone, and AirPods.

It was a nice day outside and a quick 5k sounded like a good idea. I took off and enjoyed the alone time. I hadn't had any time to myself since Felix and Seungmin had picked me up. I didn't push myself too hard since I still had a bruised rib, but it didn't hurt much unless someone touched it. Running would be fine.

My watch beeped to let me know I had completed my first mile. I continued on and smiled when I realized I'd stumbled across the Capitol Building by mistake. I took a picture to share with my friends later. I wondered if any of the guys had seen it before. I assumed they'd been to DC many times on tours and trips before.

I looked at my mileage and realized I'd gone exactly half a 5k and turned back to run to the hotel at the Wharf. Luckily my phone was able to give me directions since I hadn't been paying much attention to the streets I'd turned on.

I made it all the way back upstairs before I realized that I'd never been given a key to the room. I knocked, but Chan never answered. I'd only been gone for half an hour, so he was probably still asleep. I pulled out my phone to try calling him but realized he'd never given me his number.

I tapped the door a few more times before giving up. I headed down to eat at the breakfast buffet they had set up instead of sitting in the hall hoping he would wake up before noon. But they did have a show to do tonight, so maybe sleeping in kept him energized for performances.

I grabbed some toast, eggs, and a coffee and headed to sit at one of the solo seats at the bar that overlooked the water.

I put my headphones in and listened to quiet, relaxing music while watching the boats that were docked as they rocked back and forth gently in the water. I found myself swaying with them as I ate.

Somebody tapped my shoulder, and I turned to see a man in his late 40s wearing a suit. I removed an earbud.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" he asked, pointing to the seat next to me. I noticed that a lot of the breakfast bar was empty and felt a little unsettled that he had decided to sit right next to me instead of somewhere with more space but nodded my head. Maybe he just wanted to look out the window, too.

He thanked me and sat down. I put my earbud back in and pretended like he wasn't there. I went back to watching the boats. They were a nice distraction from what was to come later today.