Chapter 27

Chan stayed up with me for hours while I tried to fall asleep

Chan stayed up with me for hours while I tried to fall asleep. I didn't want him to leave yet, so I rested against him comfortably. We stayed quiet once the other members started going to their bunks.

However comfortable I was, though, I couldn't fall asleep. I became distracted by the sound of his heart and would listen to it speed up whenever I placed my hand against his chest or abs and then slow down when I stayed still for a while.

Eventually, Chan fell asleep before I did. He was leaning against a pillow he'd propped up against the wall as a more comfortable alternative to the bunk's wooden paneling.

I debated whether or not I should go to sleep on the bench. I peeked my head out and the only person awake was Seungmin. Chan would be pissed if I spent the night hanging out with him alone. He seemed specifically annoyed by he and I's friendship.

But I hadn't ever shared a bed with a guy willingly before, and I didn't even know if Chan would want to share with me. So, the decision was made for me. I could deal with pissy Chan tomorrow if it meant not accidentally crossing a boundary.

I slowly hung my legs over the side of the bed and tried to free my arm from the grasp that he had on it. I'd almost gotten out when he woke up and drowsily looked at me and pulled me back to him.

"Stay," he begged before falling back to sleep.

I was still sitting up as I watched him rest. I'd grown accustomed to his light snores and hearing them made me feel even more tired.

I decided that a bunk didn't count as sharing a bed. I opened the curtain so that it would feel a little less bed-like and snuggled into his side. He instinctively wrapped an arm around me and held me close.

—————————————————————————
"Hey, sleepyheads. We're almost there," someone whispered in an attempt to gently wake us up. I opened my eyes and found Felix with his backpack on and a cute smile on his lips as he looked between Chan and me.

Lee Know was behind him. "I was going to bang a spoon against a pot if that didn't work," he let me know before trudging to put the things back in the kitchen, clearly upset that Felix's gentler method had worked.

I turned and saw Chan still fully asleep.

"I've got him," I told Felix, and he headed off to chill on the benches until we arrived.

"Chan," I sang, lightly shaking his shoulder. "Time to wake up."

Chan groaned and grabbed the pillow from behind him to throw over his face. The second he did, he seemed to realize where he was and that it wasn't the benches he'd meant to sleep on.

He threw the pillow down and looked at me apologetically. "I fell asleep," he recollected.

"Yeah, you did," I laughed.