Chapter 16

Despite my protests and reassurances that I was fine, Chan banned me from the show tonight

Despite my protests and reassurances that I was fine, Chan banned me from the show tonight. He also forbade me from leaving the hotel room. He left a few security detail with me and said that anything I needed could be retrieved by one of them and any food could be ordered from the hotel. I'd argued and reminded him that I was supposed to be his girlfriend, not a prisoner. He'd said that tonight I could be both and then left me here.

After attempting (and failing) to open the door myself or bargain my way out with the guard, I spent most of the evening watching reruns of Full House. It wasn't my first choice but I couldn't find the remote to change the channel. I cursed Chan again for leaving me here. I ordered room service and had a soup and salad and was ready to go to bed before Chan had gotten back.

The door opened and Chan walked in. He looked drained. He headed straight for a shower without saying anything.

Once he was done, he walked into the room in a towel hung low on his hips. His abs glistened from the remaining water, and he flashed a dimple at me when he noticed I was staring.

"Like what you see?" he asked.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't. Physically, he was the hottest person I'd ever seen.

"No," I said instead. He had still locked me here all night. He didn't deserve a compliment.

"Shame," he replied and grabbed a pair of basketball shorts and a T-shirt to put on. He returned a few minutes later when someone knocked at the door.

He opened it and brought in a plate with a burger and fries. I squinted at him in annoyance, and he ate as though he hadn't noticed.

"You shouldn't have left me here," I began.

"It did it for you," he argued.

"Locking me up like a princess in a tower isn't doing anything for me. I'd have told you if I couldn't handle going to the show."

"You've never gone to a show as my girlfriend. How would you know if you could've handled it?"

"Because I'm not an idiot," I informed him. "And I could've told you in the moment. You didn't even give me a chance to try."

"Told me in the moment and then what? Had me bring you back here and start the show late?"

I stared at him...I didn't know what I would've expected at that point.

"After this morning, I thought you needed a break," he explained. "The bus walks alone have been a lot for you. This would've been too much. You're welcome by the way."

"I'm not thanking you for holding me prisoner in your room."

"Our room," he corrected me.

"Your room," I fought. "I don't have a key to get in or out."

I crossed my arms and sat on the bed. Chan ate some of his meal.

"We made headlines today," he changed the subject.