Chapter 70

Chan had told me they'd do a longer intro to Cover Me, at which point he'd bring me out on stage

Chan had told me they'd do a longer intro to Cover Me, at which point he'd bring me out on stage. I'd never set foot on a stage before, and I was nervous as Easy wrapped up because that meant I was next. He stepped forward with the mic in hand to introduce me. I blacked out as he said a few nice things but heard my name called. I stepped out to meet him.

My entire body was a bundle of nerves. Chan could see that, and he came to my side right away. The audience cheered and awed at us.

He removed his in-ears and smiled excitedly at me. "Just look at me baby," he whispered.

I nodded and watched his eyes shine as he explained more about our relationship to the crowd. They cheered for us. Not a single negative reaction could be heard.

Finally Chan got down on one knee and the crowd gasped collectively.

"And so, Ella Young, will you STAY with me?" he winked. "Will you marry me?"

He held out the ring to me again, and my heart raced.

"Of course I will," I told him, and he grinned as though he hadn't expected it. He lifted me to spin me around with a smile.

He set me down and put the ring on my finger before pulling me in for a kiss. The audience clapped for us, and Chan and I smiled at their response. The others came and joined us for a hug.

"We love you two," Seungmin cheered.

"Congratulations," Jeongin added.

Once the group hug was over, Chan grabbed my hand to bring me backstage so that I wouldn't have to awkwardly head off by myself.

"I'll see you at intermission," he grinned and headed back out to join the others. He skipped to his next mark on the stage, slapping Lee Know's butt on the way. He looked so genuinely happy that I couldn't help but smile.

"Congratulations," I heard from behind me and turned to see JYP heading towards me. "So you two decided to get engaged?"

"Y-yes," I stammered. My stomach was churning with nerves.

Agent Branson had said it wouldn't be long until they had him. What was he doing here?

Social Path had just begun. I had three more songs until Chan would be back here to help me.

"Being engaged doesn't stop his fan service," JYP informed me.

"We never assumed it would," I replied. I had to play it cool.

"I brought you something," he handed me a pill and a bottle of water.

"What is it?"

"Take it."

I recalled the last thing I'd taken because he had asked me to. I looked down at my bracelet. I'd taken it off during Chan and I's dressing room fun, so he hadn't heard us then.