Chapter 40

Chan and I rejoined the rest of the group for pizza in Han's room

Some of them were still wet from the pool. Seungmin and Changbin were drunk and giggling at something on Changbin's phone.

Chan and I grabbed some pizza and beer and went to sit with Han and Lee Know on the ground by the window.

"How was your 'alone time'," Lee Know asked using air quotes.

"It was fine, thanks for asking," I answered. I didn't really want to go into depth about my panic attack with him.

"Just fine?" Lee Know pushed. He leaned towards Chan, "If you need some tips, bro, let me know," he jokingly whispered.

"I'm good," he rolled his eyes.

"Good, not great?" Lee Know teased.

"He's great," I argued.

"Great, not perfect?"

Chan and I groaned simultaneously in frustration. Lee Know smirked at having succeeded in annoying us.

"Are you okay?" I whispered to Han. He hadn't said a word.

"Just worried about the fan service tomorrow," he confessed. He was picking the pepperoni off of his pizza and eating them first.

It broke my heart that for so long they'd lived every day leading up to a fan service full of worry and dread only to have a momentary relief of not being chosen (when they weren't chosen) before being worried all over again. They never got to relax or just exist because it hung over them like a dark cloud.

"I'm going to stop it," I vowed.

Han nodded, clearly unsure.

Lee Know noticed his mood and moved close enough that he could rest his hand on his knee. Han visibly relaxed.

"Are you excited to have a few days off after Florida?" Lee Know asked Chan.

I looked at him in shock. He looked at Lee Know like he wanted to bite his head off. He then turned to me, "I was planning a surprise."

A surprise? I felt giddy and excited. "Don't tell me anything!" I shouted before any details could be given.

"I won't," Chan laughed. "Thanks for almost ruining it," he rolled his eyes at Lee Know and finished the rest of his drink.

"Sorry. Didn't know," Lee Know shrugged.

Chan went off to get more food and beer, and my phone began to ring. Mana was Facetiming.

"I'll be right back," I told them and went to stand.

"Who is it?" Lee Know asked.

"My best friend, Mana. We haven't gotten to catch up in a while."

Lee Know snatched my phone away from me and answered the call.

"Hi!" he greeted with a silly wave.

I watched over his shoulder as Mana yelled in shock and clicked off of the call.