Chapter 62

The next day before the bus walk, we could see that the area outside was filled with paparazzi and fans

The next day before the bus walk, we could see that the area outside was filled with paparazzi and fans. I hoped that it was because JYP had been arrested, but I was doubtful as I was sure Agent Branson would have notified us first.

"What's going on?" I asked while we waited in the lobby.

"I don't know, baby," Chan answered, just as confused as I was.

He held my hand and pulled me to stand closely behind him. We walked out last and the cameras flashed wildly at us...significantly more than they had for the others. I felt overwhelmed and blinded, so I huddled into Chan's back as we inched forward.

"What the hell was that about?" I heard Changbin ask as we got onto the bus. Hyunjin had already pulled out his phone and was trying to find the news himself.

"It's about Ella," Han answered, having found it first.

"Me?" I looked to Chan who had no idea what was going on.

Baby Trapped? the title read. Apparently, JYP only leaked the information only after making sure it would be impossible.

A source close to the couple informed us that Ella Young (27) and Bang Chan (26) are expecting! The two were first spotted together a couple of months ago after she won a prize at their New York City concert.

Many wonder if they're moving too quickly. Others believe she is baby-trapping him. Either way, pregnancy suits her! Look at that bump!

Below the article was a photo of me from just now as I was walking to the bus. Even if I were pregnant, I wouldn't have a bump yet. Did I look pregnant? I hadn't been running as much...

I reread the article again and felt so frustrated. JYP had taken that possibility from us but was making it the center of conversation just to stab an already exhausted wound.

"Is it true?" Han asked when I didn't jump to negate the article's validity. I felt heartbroken that I had to share what had happened with JYP. Again, my private life had been exploited and publicized before I was ready to share it.

"It could've been," I explained. "But JYP took that away from us."

"What do you mean?" Changbin asked softly.

I sighed and squeezed Chan's hand. "Chan and I thought I might become pregnant after we had...an accident, but JYP found out, and he..."

An uncontrollable sob erupted through me. All of the feelings I'd held back yesterday were coming to the surface. Chan pulled me into his chest protectively as he finished explaining with a shaky voice.

"He told her he'd release an audio he spliced together where it sounds like I assaulted her if she didn't drink a glass of water. She didn't know he'd crushed a Plan B into it."

Some of the guys gasped. Han looked sincerely horrified for us. Chan rubbed a soothing hand up and down my back.

"He's doing it just to hurt us more," I continued, finally having collected myself enough to speak. "And a bonus is that I'll have to read comments talking about my body and saying I have a bump when there's not one."