Chapter 58

Chan retrieved the bracelet and put it back on my wrist once we'd made our plan

Chan retrieved the bracelet and put it back on my wrist once we'd made our plan. Our goal was to convince JYP that I was pregnant. He'd heard us talking about me taking something, but I figured we could convince him it was about a test and not the pill.

We figured a fake baby would be very likely to be leaked by JYP since it would threaten Stray Kids's future and make everyone hate me, which he appeared to enjoy doing.

"Can we take the test later? I'm not ready?" I began the facade.

"Of course, baby," Chan replied sweetly. "Why don't you show me Faneuil Hall, and we can get dinner there first.

"Great idea," I grinned and put on my shoes.

Chan and I walked over to the market. His eyes grew wide as he realized just how many vendors were there. The smells were amazing too! Scents of different cuisines filled the air, and he'd run to see each one but would get slapped with a new smell on the way and get distracted.

He eventually decided on a place called Wicked Lobstah and teased the accent of everyone who worked there the whole time. They joked right back about his.

He bit into his lobster roll and moaned. "This is so good," he chewed. "You sure you don't want one?"

"I just want gelato!" I told him and headed to find my favorite place, Joey's Gelateria.

The crowd was thick and Chan held my shirt so he wouldn't lose me while he walked behind me eating. At some point, he finished and tossed the paper plate into the trash and held my hand instead.

We got to the gelato place and stood in line. "Maybe I'll get one too! It looks good," he grinned. "What's your favorite?"

"I get two scoops. One coffee, one chocolate!"

Chan looked at the menu, trying to decide what he wanted. "I think I'll get..." he began but a child screaming cut him off.

He looked around and saw a baby sitting on the floor in the middle of the crowd. We looked around for the parents but didn't see anyone rushing to help him. Chan walked over and picked him up.

"His parents must be around here somewhere. He's too little to have been gone for a long time," he explained.

I began looking around for anyone who might be looking nervously at the ground. "Is anyone missing a baby?" I shouted. Nobody approached us.

I turned to look at Chan who had calmed the baby down and was reading him the ice cream flavors. "And they have banana, and coconut, and lemon, and chocolate. Which one should I get?" he asked the baby.

The baby babbled something to him, and Chan nodded as though he understood. "That's a great idea," he grinned at him. He tickled his tummy, and the baby laughed. For the first time in my life, I had baby fever.