Chapter 60

Chan and I had to wake up early the next morning to catch our flight

Chan and I had to wake up early the next morning to catch our flight. He packed a few additional items from my nightstand, and we were off.

They had the concert tonight in Phoenix, but we had chosen to fly in pretty last minute so we could have more time together.

Chan had been getting texts all morning from the guys (except Han) complaining about Lee Know. He'd been making them do chores for him around the bus and hotel. Jeongin was on "Han duty" today which meant he had to carry Han anywhere he wanted to go.

Lee Know also rewarded people with candy who made cat noises when he walked into a room. It had gone into a full dictatorship in his absence.

"Will JYP be at the show tonight?" I asked Chan.

"I'm not sure," he replied seeming equally as nervous.

I worried about seeing JYP again. We still hadn't heard from Agent Branson, and it had me on edge. Maybe he was on to us. Maybe he wanted more proof that I was pregnant first. I had no idea what the cause was for the delay.

"Hey, Ella," Chan stroked the back of my hand. "It'll be okay," he reassured me as if he could read that my mind was going a million miles a minute trying to decipher what was going on.

"Thank you," I whispered and kissed his hand that was intertwined with mine.

The plane eventually landed and Dmitri met us to retrieve our luggage. On the car ride to the hotel, we were pretty quiet. We didn't know whether or not Dmitri could be trusted.

We decided to continue playing pregnant. Maybe he'd have JYP leak the info, so Agent Branson could catch him.

"Would you want a girl or a boy?" I asked Chan.

"As long as it's healthy, I'm happy," he grinned and put a hand on my stomach. He was really selling it. His eyes shimmered, and it almost felt real. I suppose it could be...

"Seeing you hold that baby the other day was so cute," I admitted. I hadn't stopped thinking about the image. He looked so comfortable, and he managed to get the baby to stop crying so quickly.

"Just wait til it's one of our own," he whispered and kissed my cheek.

I nestled into his chest for the rest of the car ride allowing the sound of his heartbeat thumping to fill my ears.

"Ella," he whispered sweetly. My eyes fluttered open. I hadn't realized I'd fallen asleep. "We're here," he told me. Dmitri was already unloading the luggage.

I yawned and got out of the car. Chan followed behind me, and we walked hand in hand to the room, leaving our luggage with Dmitri.

The manager was waiting for us to give us our hotel key, and Chan accepted it. "Time to go save them from Lee Know's regime."

I laughed, and we headed upstairs. We passed Jeongin carrying Han in the hallway, and he dropped him to the ground, immediately running over to hug Chan.