Chapter 26

I swayed and smiled at them as they all looked on in awe of what I'd just managed to do

"How the hell did you do that?" Chan asked.

"I just told her how I'd 'won you' by being my genuine, pleasant self," I informed him with a cheeky smile.

Chan scoffed.

Jeongin hugged me with tears in his eyes, "Thank you."

"That's it? You just told her that you skipped out on your date?" Han reconfirmed.

I nodded.

"And I know you get in trouble if they don't stay for a drink so..." I raised the bottle and took another sip. "Goodnight shots." I smiled, and Chan tried to grab the bottle from me, but I dodged him. Lee Know laughed.

"You could help all of us," Felix whispered the words out loud so quietly as if he were afraid to believe them.

I'd just wanted to help Jeongin. It hadn't even occurred to me that I could do this every night and end the fan service completely.

"Yeah, I could," I realized. "I will."

I watched as it clicked with all of them that this horrible thing had found a possible end. A wave of relief washed over the entire group. Some hugged and smiled. Others cried in shock. I drank the last of the bottle and handed it to Chan to discard as he stared at me dumbfounded.

I looked on at all of them celebrating before me. I felt so happy that I could help. Seungmin was walking towards me with his arms extended to give me a hug, but Chan grabbed my hand and pulled me away.

"We have to do the bus walk," he grumbled. "Try to act sober, please."

Chan and I led the group and fans shouted excitedly as we passed by. I focused on walking without stumbling or swaying and stared straight ahead. But one fan was very obvious that she wanted Chan and blew him a kiss. He smiled at her, and she held up her phone which said "I know what else is big ;)" on it. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and squeezed Chan's hand as I pulled him along.

He let me go up the steps first and seemed prepared to catch me if I fell. Once inside, I sat on the bench, pulling him down with me since I hadn't let go of his hand.

"I don't think you realize how important what you just did for Jeongin is," Chan was shaking his head.

I ignored him.

"'I know what else is big' pshhh. Could she be any more obvious?" I complained. "And while I was right beside you."

"Are you jealous?" he popped a dimple at me.