Chapter 52

Chan came into his dressing room, and I pounced on him in excitement

Chan came into his dressing room, and I pounced on him in excitement. He was drenched in sweat, but I didn't care. In fact, it was a good look on him. He caught me and slapped my bum while he held me against the wall. I secured my legs around his waist.

"Great show, baby," I smiled. I realized I'd never complimented him after a performance. I probably should have and felt guilty for never having said anything before.

Chan pulled out his phone and his speaker began blaring music. He took off the bracelet and put it on the counter beside it to muffle anything we talked about. Still carrying me, he backed me against the door.

"You look so hot in my clothes, baby," Chan groaned.

He pushed his lips to mine, and I welcomed him as I wrapped my hands around his neck. I moaned accidentally and was grateful for the loud music as it would mean anyone lingering near our door wouldn't have heard me. I pulled Chan into me again, and I dipped my tongue into his mouth. He groaned and sucked it in.

He was intoxicating. Every time he kissed me I wanted more. I had no self-control when it came to him.

He pulled away, to my dismay. "I thought of an idea," he grinned. I couldn't help but return his smile.

"Me too!"

He kissed me again, and I bit his plump bottom lip this time. He gasped in surprise. I took the opportunity to tell him what I had figured out. "It's illegal to record people. We just need to tell the police. We can help them get proof by purposefully talking about something fake to see if JYP leaks it to the press."

Chan's smile widened. "That was my idea."

"He's done for," I kissed Chan some more. He grinded against me, and I whined.

Someone knocked on the door before we could do any more to tempt each other, and Chan put my bracelet back on before opening it in case it was a guard.

"Seungmin was picked for fan service, and JYP already sent him off with her," Mana cried.

She slung into my shoulder, and I comforted her with a gentle hand on her back.

"It'll be okay," I told her. "Sometimes the fans don't even want that."

"And if they do, it's just work," Chan informed her. "It doesn't mean anything to us."

I thought back to the night I'd heard him...how difficult it had been to know he was in pain just a room over and that there was nothing I could do to stop it.

"She was really pretty," Mana complained.

"So was the woman I heard Chan with," I explained. "And he didn't want to be there. It means nothing. It's just work," I repeated the words Lee Know and Chan had said to me. They'd become a chant in my mind during fan service.

Mana nodded, still upset, but I could see that she was doing her best to convince herself that what we were saying was true. Chan, and I brought her to Dmitri. "You can't do the bus walk, especially without Seungmin, but Dmitri will bring you to meet us at the hotel, okay? And we'll be there for Seungmin when he gets through with the date."