Chapter 55

We hadn't even made it to the Uber when we got a call from someone identifying themselves to be an agent

We hadn't even made it to the Uber when we got a call from someone identifying themselves to be an agent. With the bracelet there, we couldn't talk to her right then, so we scheduled a time for half an hour later. We got back to the hotel and set up the bracelet with a radio next to it in our hotel room, and then we went to the hotel's business office.

Agent Branson called us back at the exact time she'd said she would. We explained the situation to her exactly as we had with the cop. She advised us that until they gathered more information/proof and identified where JYP was, that we should act as though we weren't aware we were being recorded.

"Is there any way we can help expedite this?"

Chan hadn't told her about the fan service out of his willingness to put the fans first, but we wanted that over more than anything.

"Not until we find out where he is. If he's in Korea, we may need to call in support from other agencies."

"And if he's in America?" Chan asked.

"We'll give you a call," she replied.

With that, she hung up, and we just looked at each other. There wasn't really anything more for us to do right now.

We headed back upstairs. There were a few guards wandering the hallway, and I pulled Chan back to the elevator.

"They'll notice my bracelet isn't on," I whispered.

Chan wasn't wearing a jacket or anything I could use to cover my arms. "Get on," he said, turning his back to me.

"What?" I asked. How would riding him help?

"Get on and hide your wrist in my shirt," he explained.

I hopped onto his back and wrapped my arms around his neck, hiding my wrist just like he had instructed me to do.

"Now have fun," he demanded and took off running. I laughed as he sprinted past the guards carrying me towards the door. They all seemed surprised by his behavior, but none of them stopped us. They likely thought we were just two people in love being silly.

He set me down against the door so he could get the hotel key out of his pocket. I put my wrist against his neck and kissed him while he unlocked it. The guards would think we were just being overly affectionate. We knew I was hiding my bracelet-less wrist. He pushed us inside and nobody seemed to notice a thing.

The music was still playing on the radio, and I put the bracelet back on quickly. I tried to think of a conversation topic that was normal to convince JYP that we didn't know about the recording device.

Putting it back on felt like I was willingly choosing to be imprisoned, but I knew there wasn't another option right now.

"When is the next show?" I settled on. I wondered how long we had until there was another fan service.

"It's in three days in Phoenix," Chan said as he turned off the radio. "The guys will leave tomorrow when we head off to Boston."

"I wonder what Mana and Seungmin will do," I pondered out loud. She wasn't able to have as much flexibility with her job as I was.

"I'm not sure, but I hope she doesn't give up on him. I think he really likes her," Chan hypothesized.

"I think so, too." I texted Mana to find out if she knew they were leaving tomorrow. She did and was having a last night with Seungmin alone at her house. "He apparently already got her a ticket to the final show," I smiled as I told Chan.

"That's cute," he grinned, but his smile felt off.

"What's wrong?"

Chan took a deep breath and pulled me to sit with him. "I feel like I don't have the right to ask you to come on the rest of the tour with me. You have a life of your own you need to get back to."

"I just need to go to Boston to get my laptop. I can work from anywhere," I reminded him.

"But what about your friends? Your family?" he argued.

"They aren't in Boston. My family's in Mississippi and my friends are all over. Mana is here." Why was he doing this?

Chan sighed and looked at me guiltily. I had the same feeling when he told me to leave last time. I wouldn't stand for it again.

I spoke before he could, "Aren't you excited about going to Boston with me tomorrow?"

"Ella, I don't want you to give up your life for me," he said. My heart ached. It felt like he was giving up on us.

"Chan, I'm not losing you again. So unless you truly don't want me around, get used to it and stop trying to kick me out."

It stung that his solution was always just to leave me behind. It felt like I didn't matter to him as much as he did to me. I wiped away a tear.

"I wasn't trying to kick you out," he fought, but he went into panic mode when he saw me crying. "Wait, did you think I was trying to break up with you?"

"Weren't you?" my voice cracked.

"Ella, oh no. Ella, I love you. I just wanted you to be sure that this was something you wanted. The traveling isn't for everyone. It can be brutal. We could've done long distance."

"I don't mind it," I told him. I felt stupid for jumping to conclusions.

"Then of course I want you there with me. Come here," he hugged me as I calmed myself down.

"If we did long distance I couldn't see your cute bedhead in the morning," I joked.

Chan laughed. He knew his hair was a mess when he woke up.

We re-went over our plan. We'd meet the guys in Phoenix and have a couple of days to ourselves in Boston before the show. I was excited to have him all to myself.

"What's after Phoenix?"

"Vegas," he winked.

"Vegas? You're excited about gambling and clubs?" Vegas had never appealed to me. I didn't like casinos since I always lost, and I hated the smell of smoke.

"It's all of it," he teased. "I'll show you! It's actually really fun. We even planned a few days there so we can enjoy it."

"On second thought, maybe this traveling is too much for me," I yawned and fell back onto the bed.

"Nope," Chan wrapped an arm around me. "You're stuck with me now."

*********************************************
COMMERCIAL BREAK:
There's a lot of Dmitri fans out there so make your votes now by commenting / reacting to your choice. Is he:

Good

or

Bad