Chapter 2

I walked through the aisles of the local bookstore getting something new. I'm sure i've read the books in my house at least twice each. I reached for a book at the same time as someone. I looked at her and she looked shocked.

"Sorry" She said "It's all yours"

She had curly hair and a beautiful smile. She was a dark skin beauty just like La- no no Giovanni. She wore some slacks and a white blouse. It looked like she just came from work.

"No. You..you can have it" I said clearing my throat and handing her the book

I had no idea why I was stuttering like a fool. She was gorgeous.

"Maybe we can see if there's another copy." She said walking off "Come on"

I of course followed her. We went up to a guy standing at the register. He was on his phone.

"Hi could you help-" She started but he cut her off

"No i'm on lunch" he says pointing at the sign that said Lunch Time

Frankly I didn't give a damn. That was no way to speak to a woman. I slapped the phone out his hand and he looked up pissed.

"Who the fuck-" he started until he saw my eyes

"You want your tongue? Your hands? Your heart?" I asked him and he nodded shaking

"Darling the book." I said looking back at her and she stared at me before handing it to me

I put it on the table in front of the guy.
"Get her another copy of this book" I said and he hurried off

I could feel her staring at me and I loved it. I turned to look at her.

"Shouldn't be too long now." I said and the guy came back with another copy. I looked at it and nodded.

"Was there anything else you wanted?" I asked her and she shook her head "Ring it up"

The guy scanned the books and I gave him my card. I got two separate bags for us and I handed her one and held mine. I cleared my throat and looked at the guy.

"Have a great day ma'am" the guy said and I held the door open for her and she walked out amused

I followed her out. She looked at me and laughed. She smiled so hard. I couldn't help but stare. She was beautiful. As I did I observed her curvy body. She was every bit of woman. I shook my thoughts before I got too far.

"You didn't have to do that" She said smiling "But thank you"

"Of course I did. He was an asshole." I said steeping closer to her "What's your name beautiful?"

"Angela Kyle" She said and sticking her hand out

"Giovanni Romano" I grabbed her hand kissing it. I felt her hand tense when I did. I stared into her eyes and I could see the heat there. I ignored it because the last time I saw it, it left me in shambles. I held onto her hand. "Maybe I could see you again? Perhaps for dinner?"

She smiled. "I'm sorry I can't. I appreciate the effort though. It's been a while since anyone has looked at me like that. My life is too complicated Giovanni. I hope you understand that."

"Complicated is my middle name. I get it Angel." I said

"Angela" She corrected

"I know what I said" I said and she smiled softly. I sighed and let her hand go. "Here's my card. Call me if when it's not so complicated."