Chapter 8

I woke up and rolled over to see a woman in my bed. I looked at the time and it was 12pm. I groaned at my headache. It's been two weeks since I've seen Angel and I thought to cure myself of this existential crisis with some woman companionship. I tapped her on her shoulder and she hopped up looking around the room.

"Time?" She asked

"12pm" I said

"Oh my gosh. I have to pick my kid up from school." She rushed putting on her clothes and ran out.

I got up and went into the shower and let the water run down my body. I was drained mentally and physically. I couldn't help but think about Angel and I at dinner. My hands on her. I couldn't help myself in that moment. I knew we needed to go slow, but I couldn't control myself. I thought about her lips on mine and us in the kitchen. I never liked strawberries more in my life. I loved her taste. She was sweet just like them. I felt myself getting excited and groaned. It's been two weeks why was I still wrapped up in her. I felt on my hard self thinking about my hands on her body running up her dress.

"Fuck" I said thinking about her in that dress. She looked amazing in that dress. Those guys staring at her pissed me off. She was mine. I was going to make her mine. I almost made her mine in that kitchen, on her couch, and in the restaurant. I would've bent her over on the table and had her scream my name until she lost her voice.

I felt myself tense and held onto the wall in the shower breathing heavily and moaning her name. My jaw clenched when I finished wishing she had been here in that moment.

——-

I sat in the meeting sipping on my drink and finally it ended. I still sat there staring at my glass and it was just me and him in the room.

"Where do you go?" Miles asked me and I looked at him

"What?" I asked

"During the meetings. You're physically here but mentally not. Where do you go?" he asked

"In my head." I said

"I'm your best friend man. You can't hide nothing from me." He said "Specifically..where?"

He leaned against the bookcase in my office.

"Specifically. We watched movies one night and she fell asleep on my shoulder. I picked her up and carried her into her bed. She asked me to stay. That was the first night I ever slept with nothing on my mind. I've never experienced anything so peaceful. It felt perfect." I said still staring at the glass

"It's crazy how one person could change so much." He said and I nodded

"Yep and then I come back to now. Then it makes me hate ever experiencing that feeling because now I know what I am missing." I said standing up and downing my drink "I'll see you at the party tonight huh? Heard it'll be a rager."

I put the glass down and pat him on the back walking out the office.

———

I felt her kissing on my neck and the other girl kissing down my chest. I ran my hands through her hair as she did. The music blasted during the party. The sound was so intense and I instantly regretted all drugs that I took tonight.

"Giovanni" I heard ripping me from my thoughts and looked to see Miles

"What?" I asked as the girl tried to unbuckle my pants in the middle of the party. I grabbed her chin making her look at me.

"Not yet" I said smirking at her and she nodded.

"Get up. I got a report on Angela." He said and I looked at him pushing the girls off me. I stood up and almost stumbled. I followed him away from the music and to my office.