Chapter 45

Angela POV

It's been a week since that night. Lauren was still in the hospital and she hadn't woken up yet. Christian was well Christian. He almost tried to kill one of the nurses for not giving her a bath. Giovanni wouldn't leave my side. I believe he was scared to let me go. I got out the shower and wrapped the towel around me. I went into our bedroom and he was leaning against the doorframe with his suit on looking amazing.

"How's your head?" he asked coming over to me looking at my scar

"It's alright." I said. I've been having bad migraines ever since the hit and Giovanni noticed. He's been so worried forcing me to go to multiple doctors to make sure I was okay. I've gotten medication for the migraines and he's been so scared around me even to touch me.

"Any pain?" He asked me and I shook my head

"Giovanni I'm fine" I said smiling at him to make him relax but it didn't work "How's Lauren?" I tried to change the subject desperately and he had just come from visiting her.

"She's good. The doctors say she's healthy. They see brain activity which is great too. Christian is going through it still. I do have a surprise for you." He said when I heard the doorbell ring. He went downstairs and I threw on one of his t-shirts and some sweatpants. I went downstairs to see Giovanni with a baby one of his hands and a toddler in his other hand.

"Thanks Mario." He said and the driver nodded. He closed the door behind him. "Angel, this is Amelia and this is Lucien. Christian and Lauren's kids. I thought it would be nice to have them for a day while their mommy is getting better. Right Lucien?"

"Yes" He said and I watched as Amelia snatched Giovanni's shades off his shirt and laughed.
"Baba ba" She made the cutest noise and I looked at Giovanni and my heart swelled. My ovaries were on fire and the baby fever ran through me. It was nothing sexier than a man holding a baby.

"Hi. I'm Angela" I said to Lucien and he smiled

"You're pretty just like my mommy" he said and I smiled

"Why thank you. What do you say we go make some pancakes?" I asked him and he smiled and nodded

"Yes" he jumped up and down

"Ye ye ye" Amelia mumbles drooling on Giovanni's shoulder and he winces.

I laughed and Lucien grabs my hand and we got into the kitchen.

—-

"Uncle Giovanni loves you a lot" Lucien said as we finished up our pancakes in the kitchen. I was putting away the ingredients and he sat at the table eating.

"What makes you say that?" I asked

"He told me. He said you were sad and he can tell. He wanted to make you happy. He wanted me and Amelia to come over to make you happy." He said

"Your uncle is very sweet Lucien." I said smiling to myself "I am glad you came over too. I'm glad we're friends now."

"Me too. Why are you sad?" He asked and my heart constricted

"Well I lost a friend." I said in a way he'd understand

"I'm sorry you lost a friend" He said and I smiled softly

"Me too." I said

"You have new friends now. Me,Amelia, mommy and daddy" He said and I nodded

"Right. I'm so lucky" I said truthfully "And I have my best friend too"

"Uncle Giovanni?" He asked and I nodded

"Right. He's the bestest friend that anyone could ask for." I said

Giovanni was all I ever needed in my life. He brought these kids here and it took my mind off of everything. I loved Lucien. He was the sweetest kid ever and it made me crave a love like that. I wanted one of my own. With Giovanni.

"Let's go join your uncle and Amelia in the backyard." I said and he nodded

I helped him down off the chair. We went into the backyard and Giovanni sat on a blanket with his suit on and Amelia crawling on the grass. He just stared at her smiling.

"Amelia" Lucien smiled running over to her and laying on the grass next to her

I sat in the blanket next to Giovanni.
"Thank you" I said and looked at him

"I wanted to take their minds off of Lauren and I knew you could use some cheering up." He said still staring at them.

"Lucien asked me why I was sad. I told him because I lost a friend. After my father passed I was in a dark place Giovanni. I tried to stay away from those thoughts but they possessed my mind. I wanted to end my life. I was so alone. I loved you so much and I knew that it would be only a matter of time before I lost you too and not once have I lied to you about not being able to survive that. I carried on for you. Nathan understood me. He felt the similar darkness. I thought I could help him see through it but I failed." Tears began to blur my vision "I failed and he hurt Lauren and I feel so guilty that I couldn't stop him from hurting her and then hurting himself."

I began sobbing and he pulled me into his chest. "This is not your fault Angel. There's nothing you could have done. We all felt helpless in that moment including him."

I looked at Giovanni surprised that the words came out. He felt bad for Nathan even though he'd never admit it. Yet his last statement was his give away.

"I love you so much Giovanni. I am so sorry that I shut you out. I lost a friend, yes but I failed to make you my best friend understand how important you were to me. Please forgive me."

"There's nothing to apologize for" He said kissing me on the lips deeply and we pulled away when Lucien yelled "Ewwww"

We laughed and Giovanni looked at me. His hand ran along my cheek as he stared at me like the first time he's ever laid his eyes on me.

"Screw the wedding dress. I want kids" I said to him and he rested his forehead on mine.

"As pretty as you"