Chapter 29

Angel POV

"What are you doing here?" Giovanni asked him

"I just got back. Angela here was making me something for my hangover." His father said

Giovanni came up to me pulling me into him.
"You okay?" He asked

"I'm fine" I said and he nodded kissing my forehead

"So she's definitely not imaginary." His father said "I asked you about her."

"We will discuss this later." Giovanni said to him

"Judging by the rock on her left hand. It seems like a big discussion" His father said

"Not. here."Giovanni said and they glared at each other

"Breakfast is ready" I said eagerly trying to dull the tension. They looked like they wanted to kill each other.

They both looked at me and never in my life have I felt so uncomfortable over both gazes.

"Take a seat" I said to them and his father smirked

They both sat as I served them breakfast and sat my plate down. They sat across from each other and I sat next to Giovanni as we all ate in silence.

"So Angela, how did you two meet?" His father asked

Giovanni tensed. I put my hand in his lap to calm him.

"We met at a bookstore. We reached for the same book and there was only one copy. Sounds kind of scripted when I say it out loud." I said smiling to myself "he got the worker to find another copy"

"How cute" His father said

"Don't start" Giovanni warned him

"No it's okay Gio. It is cute. I like that it's cute." I said staring at his father as he stared at me. I couldn't read the emotion in his eyes.

"Do you realize what you're getting into Angela? The Italian mafia? Marrying a mafia leader? Do you realize the choice you're making?" his father said to me

"Id follow Giovanni anywhere" I said

"Young love. It makes you weak" His father said and I tightened my hand on Giovanni's to assure him that I am fine.

"Love is anything but weak. Its controls everything that we do. It can destroy you but you take that risk anyway because it can be your biggest reward. Running from it. That's weak" I said and his father's jaw clenched but his eyes never left mine.

Soon Giovanni's phone rang and he looked at me. I nodded letting him know I was okay and he could take the call. Giovanni walked out the kitchen. I looked over to see his father still staring at me.

"He's a killer you know. We all are." He said and I nodded

"I'm not the one he needs forgiveness from" I said and his father sat back in his chair

"Listen-" I realized I never got his name

"Dominic Romano" He said

"Listen Dominic. Gio told me about his last conversation with you-"

Dominic took another sip of his alcohol infused coffee.

"He's grieving. And from the way I can see the bottom of that bottle, you are too. It's not my business-"

"It's not" He interrupted

"But I want nothing more than to see Giovanni happy. Although he won't say it. He needs you in his life. I know it. I lost my dad weeks ago and the wound is still there. We were close and I still have things I wish I would've said to him. Don't use me as another reason to push him away. You love him. I know you do. And you both love her. She wouldn't want it to be this way" I said

He stared at me not saying a word. His head tilted and he crossed his arms. His jaw clenched and he stood up putting his hands in his pocket. He came next to me and lowered his head to my ear. "Welcome to the family Angela, your own personal hell." He said and I turned to look at him with his face inches from mine. His eyes flickered to my lips. He leaned in and I was frozen then grabbed the bottle off the table walking out of the kitchen.

I got chills from it. I didn't get what that meant but I shook off the feeling. I got up out my chair and Giovanni came into the room.

"Why did he rush out? Are you okay?" He asked pulling me into him getting angry

"I'm fine. Don't worry." I said kissing him on the lips softly. He moaned pulling me deeper into him. He picked me up with his hands gripping my ass. He sat me down on the table pushing our plates over. I moaned as he kissed down my neck making me unbelievably wet.

"Gio. Your father is here." I said pushing him a bit and he sighed.

"I'm surprised he came back" He said "I don't know what he wants."

"He loves you Giovanni. That's why he came back." I said and an emotion flashed across his eyes "Can you do something for me?"

"Anything" he said almost immediately

"Give him a chance." I said and his jaw clenched "I see something in him. He's hurt Gio. Hurt people hurt people. He loves you and your mom wouldn't want it to be like this."

He sighed. "Okay I'll do it for you." He said

"Do it for her." I said and he nodded

"You always see the good in those who don't deserve it. How?" He asked

"I refuse to believe that we're all terrible people." I said

"What if some of us are? What if we're good at hiding it?" he asked

"Sometimes you have to take the chance anyway because you may miss out on the chance to get to know their heart."I said and he tilted my chin to look up at him

"Kiss me." He said and I did just that. His hand wrapped around my throat and he sucked on my bottom lip. I moaned. I tried to say his name but he put his hand over my mouth. His hand made its way into his briefs that I wore and my eyes widened when I realized what he was doing. His fingers past my wet folds and were deep inside me. I moaned against his hand covering my mouth as his thumb played with my clit as he fingered me. I grinded against his hand as I felt my orgasm approaching. My legs started shaking as he sped up and my juices ran down my thighs to my legs. I came on his fingers and almost fell back but he caught me pulling out of me.  Our breathing was both heavy and I had to recover from what just happened. He kissed my neck up to my chin. He then sucked on his fingers that were in me and his eyes rolled back into his head.

"I love you." he said breathlessly