Chapter 42

"We've got a lead" Miles said handing me the letter. I opened the letter and read it.

Giovanni Romano and Christian Rossi,

You two have done terrible terrible things and though you did, you still got your happily ever after. You've gotten beautiful prizes for terrible actions. I know what you two are and I need you to remember this. You will remember this forever. Meet at 27 Castle Road at 10pm tomorrow. Don't come earlier or you will regret it.

From Your worst nightmare.

I was seething with anger.

"Let's go" Christian said and I grabbed my guns.

"Don't you think you should adhere to what it says?" Miles asks

"I will not go another day without her." Christian said in his usual great mood. I understood what he meant. How he felt.

"If you love them you two will wait. Adhere to his wishes. Just for now. So they stay safe." Miles said

"There's no way I can sit down knowing that my wife is there." Christian said

"Don't call his bluff Christian" Miles said "I can only imagine how you two feel now, but don't you think he knows that giving you two the address this early would give him some sort of advantage over us? It's a trap"

" Romano" Christian looked at me. It was a question. I was surprised he wanted to know my thoughts.

"Tomorrow at 10" I said and his jaw clenched

"Fine." he said downing his drink and walking out the office

I took a drink and sat down in the office chair.

"She's going to be fine." Miles said

"Can you promise me something?" I asked and he nodded reluctantly

"If I'm down or happen to get hurt tomorrow, please make sure you get Angel safely out of there. Don't let her see me like that. She won't survive it." I said and he nodded "Take care of her"

It hurt me to say that but I know what tomorrow will look like. I'm willing to put my life on the line for her and I know she'll be against it. I don't care as long as she's safe. It's the only thing of importance to me.

"I will" Miles said

—————-

Angela POV

We all sat around the table for breakfast. Nathan's been avoiding me and I tried to keep my distance as well. I don't know what happened between us but the kiss was inexplicable. I couldn't fathom how I felt about it and it scares me.

"Why are we silent today? It's a big day. The big day." Scarlet said and I looked at Nathan

His eyes avoided mine.
"What are you talking about?" I asked her and she looked at me smirking

"Your boyfriends are coming to save the day tonight. And they get front row tickets to your deaths." Scarlet said

Nathan didn't say any of this to me. He must've made the decision after the kiss. After I rejected him. All he wanted was somebody to be there for him. And I pushed him away. I screwed up big time.

"Nathan" I said and he stood up walking out the kitchen

I stood up to follow him.

"Sit" Scarlet said holding a gun and I sat down "What did you say to him last night?"

"What?" I asked stunned

"Lauren to your room now." Scarlet said and Lauren got up and walked out the room looking at me once more

"What did you say to him?" She asked "He came into our room looking ghostly and then fucked me. What did you say to him?"

She seemed actually intrigued and I saw a look of sadness in her eyes.

"Why?" I asked her "Why do you want to know? I'm as good as dead. I'll be out your hair by tonight"

"Why do they keep falling for you?" She asked lowly

"Were you in love with Giovanni?" I asked her

She shook her head no but I know that isn't the case.
"If you weren't you wouldn't be going to these lengths." I said and she glared at me

"Do you love Nathan? Is this why you're doing this?" I asked her snd she stiffened. There we go.

"Doing this won't make him love you." I said and she glared at me

"Go. To. Your. Room." She said angrily

"Don't let him go through with this. It's not the way Scarlet. You deserve to be loved for who you are not for what you can do for someone." I said

"Go!" She yelled and I hurried off and went towards my room not before passing Nathan's office. I walked inside and he looked up at me.

"You should be in your room." He said

"If it's my last day on this earth I'd rather not be limited to the confines of a cell." I said and his jaw clenched

"You weren't going to tell me it was my last day?" I asked him

"I decided last night." He said

"Because I rejected you." I said

"Angela" he warned

"You kissed me and I rejected you and you wanted me to die." I said letting it all sink in "you're punishing me."

He stood up and came over to me. "I'm punishing me!" he yelled

"It's been a week and not only have you engrained yourself into my mind but also my heart. I can't feel like this for a woman I can't have. For one that doesn't want me. I'm in deep Angela and I can't control myself around you. Every fiber of my being wants to touch you, wants to hold you close and taste your lips again. It's undoubtedly delicious." He breathed heavily staring into my eyes "You saunter around this house and all I want to do is forget everything that I'm doing. You make me consider letting go this anger that's resided in my heart for years and all that only after a week. For my sanity I need to rid myself of the temptation that is you Angela."

I stood there quietly looking at him. He searched my eyes resting his forehead on mine. I felt how heavy he was breathing.

"I love him Nathan." I said softly

"Tell me you feel nothing between us" He said and those words scared me because I couldn't get the kiss out of my mind since last night. I knew I shouldn't feel this way. I love Giovanni. I want to spend the rest of my life with him. Nathan, he is my captor. I can't feel anything for him. But I knew I needed to word it carefully before I made our situation worse.

"I-"I started

"I can't wait to kill you tonight" I heard at the door and moved away from Nathan

Nathan sighed and looked up at Scarlet. "Scarlet" He started and she looked like she wanted to cry. I never seen the emotion on her face and just as soon as it showed, it was gone. She put up her wall and glared at me.

"Go to your room Angela" Nathan said and I walked off

"I wonder what Giovanni would think about this." She said and I felt the guilt all over me. I rushed out his office and into my room.