Chapter 27

Angela POV

I packed up the boxes and put everything together to remove from my father's apartment. I sighed. It's been a rough two weeks, but I was able to get through it. Giovanni has been there every step of the way though and I couldn't be more grateful for him.

"This is the last one?" Giovani asked taking it from me and I nodded.

He pulled me into his arm and kissed my forehead.
"You okay?" He asked

"I will be" I said looking up at him

"You are the strongest woman I know" He said kissing my lips softly. It's been three weeks since we've been together because of the things going on in our lives. There was something different in his eyes though but I couldn't tell what it was. He had been quiet since he came by that night two weeks ago. I thought it was because he was scared to upset me but it had to be something else.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he looked at me and nodded

"You ready to go?" He asked and I grabbed his hand. I pulled him to me.

"You're not. What's going on in there?" I asked and he avoided my eyes "are you mad at me?"

He looked me in the eyes.
"No Angel, I could never be" He said "We can talk when we get home"

Home. He meant his house. I don't remember the last time I was in my apartment, but it didn't bother me.

"Your dad left?" I asked him

"Yeah I haven't seen him for a couple of weeks now." He said and I nodded

Maybe it had something to do with his father.

"Okay" I said "Should I go home in case he shows up?"

"We are going home." He said and I nodded. I sighed and looked around.

"I love you dad." I said aloud and I saw Giovanni staring at me and his jaw ticked.

"I was nice to meet you, Fred." I heard him say and I smiled at him. The first one in weeks. I loved him. I kissed him on the cheek with him holding my hand.

I looked around the empty apartment once more before walking out with him following me. He closed door behind us.

"You know. I have my own place Gio" I said laughing as we were leaving out the building. He opened the car door for me and I got inside. He got inside.

"You do?" He asked starting the car and driving off in the direction of his place and I laughed. He looked over at me as I caressed the back of his head running my fingers through his hair. He looked back at the road.

"I missed hearing that" he said "let's not stay away from each other for three weeks"

"I agree" I said looking out the window. I pulled the visor down to check my hair to see something on my face. "You have napkins?"

"Wait-" I heard him as I opened the glove compartment. I was stunned. I looked at the familiar ring box. I opened it and saw my mother and father's wedding rings. Why did he have it?

I felt the car come to a stop at the stoplight. I looked at him.

"This is not how I wanted you to find out." he said

"Giovanni-"I started

He said "I wanted the moment to be perfect. I wanted you to be sure that you wanted this, a life with me as much as I want one with you. You are my world. I don't see a future where you aren't in it. So what do you say? Let's not stay away from each other forever. Can I be your husband?"