Chapter 28

Angela POV

We laid in bed in silence, a comfortable one. I laid on his chest as he ran his fingers along the lines in my palm.

"Talk to me." I said and he looked at me in the eyes

"The day I came to see you after your father passed, I had a conversation with my father. About my mom. I've been meaning to ask this question so many times but I just couldn't do it. I think I was just scared of what I'd hear back. But this time I did it. I asked and he told me that..that" his voice cracked. I held his hand tighter. "She had taken her own life. My father lied to me about her disappearance. She had been dead this whole time and although I didn't want to believe it. It's true. She wrote..wrote a note"

He reached in the drawer of his nightstand pulling out the note. He opened it and a tear ran down his cheek. I sat up and wiped his tears. He handed it to me and I read it.

I cried so hard and he held me into him.
"I'm sorry. Im supposed to be comforting you. I'm so sorry that this was what you found out. I wish I had been here for you " I wiped
my tears

"Hey it's okay. You had a lot going on and you were grieving. I didn't want to take that away from you. I'm okay with it Angel. It just hurts is all. I hate that she did it but I don't know what she was going through. I couldn't help her." He said

"You were grieving too" I said making him look at me and pulling him into my arms. He cried in my arms as his head laid on my chest. "She loved the hell out of you Gio. Never doubt that."

He kissed me on the lips and down my neck. I tried not to moan.

"Gio-" I started

"Please I want to feel something other than this." he said making me look at him "Please" he begged

I kissed him back wiping his tears with my thumbs. Soon I felt him inside of me with one quick thrust. I threw my head back feeling him deep inside to me.

"Gio" I moaned as he thrusted into me repeatedly. I knew I was getting close. He made me look at him as I came. His eyes held so much emotion. Pain, lust, hunger, loss all in his stare. He pulled me up to him still inside of me and he came. We were both breathing heavily staring into each other's eyes.

"I can't lose you Angel. I can't." He said sounding so brokenhearted that it hurt me

"I'm not going anywhere" I said to him as he kissed me on my lips deeply "I'm not going anywhere baby"

—————-

I woke up to make us something to eat. I looked at the time. It was around 6pm. I threw on a t-shirt and some of Gios briefs. I was so obsessed with him that I didn't want to wear my own clothes. I went downstairs into the kitchen and saw a man in the kitchen. He was asleep on the table with a bottle of liquor next to him. I rushed over to him to feel his pulse and sighed in relief when I noticed he was alive. I closed the bottle and set it aside. I made some coffee and soon I heard the guy stir. He sat up groaning and I looked over at him to see his face. He looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. He was older but handsome. He had an athletic build and salt and pepper hair. He was clean shaven. It made sense, they all were good looking. He looked at me and I poured a cup of coffee. I walked over to him and put it in front of him.

"You need it more than me." I said and he raised an eyebrow nodding and taking a sip

He sighed in relief and held his head in one hand.
"Thank you." He said "You find a stranger in the kitchen and you make them coffee. That's stranger danger 101, darling"

"Security in this place is top notch. Giovanni made sure of that. So I know you're not a threat." I said

"You have too much faith in humanity" he said

"You don't have enough." I said and he smirked

Something about the smirk felt familiar.

"I know the best way to combat the hangover. If you promise not to kill me." I said leaning against the counter

His eyes raked over my legs and then up to my face. His jaw clenched and he leaned back in his chair looking away from me.

"Deal." he said and I nodded making some soup that will cure any hangover which was another thing that I learned from my mom. I heard him stand up and take off his suit jacket. He came over into the area I was and refilled his cup of coffee. He towered over me. He leaned against the counter as I cooked.

"Rough night?" I asked him

"Every night is a rough night." he said taking the bottle of alcohol and pouring some in his coffee

"Maybe that's the root of it." I pointed at the bottle

"Oh this makes it enjoyable." He said

"I don't know what you're going through but it will get easier." I said

He laughed humorlessly "You really believe that. You are naive darling."

"Sometimes you need to believe in something. Without that you have nothing. You are nothing." I said and he stared at me as I cooked. I felt his eyes burning into me.

"Who are you?" He asked me getting closer and I looked at him feeling my heart race

"Angel!" I heard Giovanni's voice and the guy stared into my eyes.

"In the kitchen" I said and soon the guy backed away from me

"Baby Im so hungry and only you can satisfy-" Gio walked into the kitchen stopped in his steps "Father"

I looked at him in shock. This was his father?? He looked so young for his age and not at all what I expected.

"Giovanni" He said "So you must be Angela"

I smiled softly not knowing what to expect today.