Chapter 24

I woke up to the bed dipping and Giovanni pulling me into him. I sighed relaxing into his hold. I had fallen asleep in one of the guest rooms and couldn't fall asleep for the longest time. I missed him. The smell of his cologne filled my nose and I loved it. I looked at his arms wrapped around me and he still had his suit on. He kissed my head. I turned in his arms and looked at him.

"I know you're mad but even when you are please always be in my bed when I get home." He pleaded

I thought about the worry that could have been caused when he saw I wasn't in his bed. Had he thought I left? I couldn't leave even if I wanted to. He was my home.

"I didn't...I didn't kill him. I couldn't but I wanted to. I hated that I wanted to. I shouldn't want to. You're right. I know that this life is my own hell but I don't have to live through it. I want a life away from all this. A life with you." He said and I was shocked at his words

We've never spoken about the future.
"I want a big house, with a big backyard to fill with beautiful babies that look like you." He said looking off into the distance "I want them to feel safe. I want them to think their dad is a good person. Not have to carry the pressure of me putting them in the business. Not having to do things, terrible things to impress a man who doesn't give a damn about them. I don't want them anywhere near this life. I don't want you near this life."

I didn't say anything. He looked at me and wiped the tears that I didn't know fell.
"Please say something. I fucking hate disappointing you." He said

"I love you." I said "I didn't want you to make the decision for me. I wanted you to make it for yourself. You deserve the world and you're so worthy of a fulfilling life. No matter what you choose, you still are the man I fell in love with. I will follow you anywhere "

His lips captured mine and I moaned against his lips.
"You Angel are the best thing that's ever happened to me." He said

I kissed him back happily. I hope he knows that's it's the same for me.

————

"Why isn't he eating?" I asked Helen

"Don't talk about me like I'm not here" My father said

Helen called me to let me know that my father wasn't eating. He kept asking for my mother and said he wouldn't eat until he saw her. It killed me to see him like this. I didn't have the heart to explain this to him again. But I can imagine how that feels losing your person. I've only known Giovanni for a couple of months and I love him. I want a love like my mom and dad had. Without the loss.

"Dad you have to eat" I said and he ignored me "Please"

"I need to see Wanda" he said and my heart constricted at hearing my mom's name. I sighed.

I saw my phone ringing and saw it was Gio calling. I missed him. I haven't seen him in a week because his father was visiting. He wanted me far away from him and I didn't even fight it. I didn't want to face the man that took away his mother.

"Hey" I said

I heard him sigh. I hope he wasn't stressed.
"I just needed to hear your voice." Gio said

I missed him. This had been the longest we've been apart after being together but they say space is healthy.

"I miss you" I said sighing

"I miss you. How's your father?" he asked and I went into my room shutting the door. I sat on my bed feeling the tears rushing. I sniffled on the phone.

"Angel, talk to me baby" He said

"He's not eating Gio. He won't eat until he speaks to my mom. I can't break his heart again." I said crying "I don't know what to do either. Helen just takes care of him but I can't put it all on her. It's too much. He needs professional help. He doesn't want to go though and it's so much money"

"Baby I can-" He started

"No Gio. No." I said firmly "I'll figure it out. Okay? I know you want to help but i'll figure it out. I'll just take some more shifts-"

I heard footsteps on the phone and a door close.
"Angel I'll be damned if you're working your ass off for something I can give you. You are mine. I am going to take care of you ." He said and I sighed

"This is your father that we're talking about. If it was something frivolous then i'd understand but this is his health. Let me help you. You're not on your own anymore Angel." He said and I wiped my tears

"I love you" I said and he was quiet.

"i'd do anything for you." He said "I'll handle it okay. Don't worry about it"

I nodded. "Thank you Gio." I said

"Speaking of fathers.." I started

"The last thing he is a father." He said angrily and then sighing

"Talk to me." I said

"I need the man to get out of my house so I can have you in my arms again." Gio said

I think he didn't want to talk about it. I didn't press it further.

"Angela!" I heard Helen yell

"I have to go Gio. I love you." I said

"I love you. Call me before bed okay?" He asked

"Of course." I said and we hung up

I went into the living room and my heart sank. Helen looked at me crying.

"Call the ambulance. He's not responding." She said