Chapter 39

Angela POV

I tried on my dress and Helen smiled at me. "Darling it looks amazing." she said and I looked at her through the mirror.

Helen was always there for me when I needed her. She was the guardian I needed when my father was too sick and my mother was gone. I stepped down and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you for everything" I said to her and she smiled

"You don't have to thank me dear. I love you as if you were my own" She said and I smiled

"Let me get out of this dress before I stain it with my tears" I said and went into the dressing room as Helen laughed

I changed into my clothes after the lady helped me change out of my dress.

"I'll be waiting in the car dear" Helen said and I yelled okay to her

I put my clothes on and heard my phone ding. I looked and it was a text from Giovanni, my heart. I smiled at the feeling and opened it.

Giovanni: I can't wait to see how pretty you look in that dress

Me: Very pretty actually. You might not want to tear it off me.

Giovanni: You have too much faith in my kindness darling

Me: ...

I stopped typing when I felt cold metal at my head. My phone dropped against all survival instincts instilled in me. Which were little to none.

"We meet again Angel" I heard his voice

"Nathan." I said

"I'm flattered you remember me. Please darling don't take this personal. It's not you, it's him." He said "You didn't choose the hero remember."

"And you're the hero?" I asked him and he got closer behind me and I felt his lips graze my ear

"None of us are" He said and he grabbed my arm
"Let's go"

He pulled us out of the dressing room into the backdoor out the store. We past a police car and he hid the gun in his jacket.

"Struggle and I will put a bullet in the lady out front waiting for you" He said and I stifled my tears

He opened the car door for me and I went inside. He got in on the other side and drove off.

"Where are we going?" I asked him "Are you going to kill me?"

Nathan looked at me. "God you're beautiful. I'm going to hate this.". Next thing I know I feel the impact of steel at my temple and I surrounded by darkness.

——————

I wake up in a dark room. I can't help but hear the ringing in my ears as the dizziness overcomes me. I feel the dried warm liquid on my head and look to see I'm bleeding. I groan as the pain starts to show itself.

"Good morning sunshine" I heard and looked up to see Nathan. He hands me a handkerchief. "I'm sorry Angel. I couldn't have you see where we were going"

"Why didn't you just kill me?" I asked

"Where's the fun in that? I want to make Giovanni sweat, cry, die, all of the above" He said and I winced at his use of the word 'die'

"Why do you hate him so much?" I said

"He killed my sister." He said and I was shocked

"No" I said and he crouched down in front of me
"He's never..he"

"You're marrying a monster Angel." Nathan said taking the handkerchief out my hand and dabbing my head and I winced

"He never killed a woman before" I said and he shook his head

"The lies he tells you. If you knew what he truly was you'd be disgusted that you ever let him put his hands on you." Nathan said and I felt the tears brimming my eyes "Truly heartbreaking."

"You don't have to do this." I said to him

"Oh I do. Both of them took so much from me. You have no idea what i've been through. It's time for them to hurt and I'm aiming directly for the heart." He said and soon another knock was at the door.

Nathan got up and went to open the door and in came a guy holding a woman. She was struggling in his embrace and he dropped her to the floor. She rolled over as her arms were bound around her wrist. I looked deeper and her eyes focused on me. Lauren. I had a bad feeling at the pit of my stomach.

"Welcome ladies to the consequences of falling in love with killers."Nathan said and soon he walked out the room slamming and locking the door behind him.

Lauren looked at me and I ran over to her to help her sit up.

"Are you okay?" She asked me looking at my head and I nodded

"I'm alright. Are you?" I asked and she nodded she began to cry.

"Hey we're going to get out of here okay." I said and she looked at me

"Do you have your phone?" I asked her and she shook her head

"He took it" She said

I stood up and looked around the room and the singular door that I had no idea where it leads or who's on the other side of it. Soon it opened and Nathan came inside. He grabbed my hand pulling me out the door and into the hallway. I looked at Lauren once more before he locked the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked him

He pulled me into the kitchen and made me sit on a chair. He grabbed a first aid kit and set it down next to me. He grabbed the alcohol wipe and got closer to me.
I flinched and he looked at me.

"Do I scare you?" He asked

"The last time you got this close I ended up with this." I said pointing at my head

"I truly am sorry. It should heal and your pretty face will be in tact." He said "Its going to sting okay?"

He put the alcohol pad on the gash and I cursed under my breath. He blew on it to help with the painful sensation. I stared at his chest. He noticed I was staring at him.

"You're staring" He said and I looked up at his eyes

"Why are you doing this?" I asked and he looked right at me

"I told you." He said "Your boyfriend killed-"

"No why this. You're my captor. You shouldn't care." I said

"Believe it or not Angel I don't want to hurt you. Especially that beautiful face of yours. I promise I won't hit you ever again." He said

"Nathan" I said and I saw him stiffen at me using his name

"Are you going to kill him?" I asked him

"No beautiful. I'm not. Unfortunately he won't care of his death, but he does care for yours." He said

"You're going to kill me in front of him" I said

"No I am" I heard and looked at the door to see Scarlet leaning on the doorframe. She smirked at me and Nathan sighed.