𝟎𝟐𝟏; ǫᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ

AS THEY ENTERED NOVEMBER, the weather turned very cold. The mountains around the school became icy grey and the lake like chilled steel.

"Winter! My favorite season of the weather!"

"What? You like cold and ice over the sun and a beach?"

"No, I like hot chocolate and snow
over sweats and exhaustion."

Every morning the ground was covered in frost.

Hagrid could be seen from the upstairs windows, defrosting broomsticks on the Quidditch pitch, bundled up in a long moleskin overcoat, rabbit-fur gloves and enormous beaverskin boots.

"It's the quidditch season." Regulus point out with a light smile.

"It is." Sirius grins.

The Quidditch season had begun. On Saturday, Coventina would be playing in his first match after weeks of training: Gryffindor versus Slytherin.

If Gryffindor won, they would move up into second place in the House Championship. Hardly anyone had seen Coventina play because Wood had decided that, as their secret weapon, she should be kept, well, secret.

But the news that she was playing Seeker had leaked out somehow.

"Snitch."

Coventina learnt that there were seven hundred ways of committing
a Quidditch foul and that all of them had happened during a World Cup match in 1473;

𝖳hat Seekers were usually the smallest and fastest players and that most serious Quidditch accidents seemed to happen to them;

That although people rarely died playing Quidditch, referees had been known to vanish and turn up months later in the Sahara Desert.

The next morning dawned very bright and cold. The Great Hall was full of the delicious smell of fried sausages and the cheerful chatter of everyone looking forward to a good Quidditch match.

"Food!" Peter's mouth waters.

"Really?" Remina look at him, she had mix feeling about this, the future Peter clearly did something unforgiveable but this Peter in front of them was different.

"Food is life." Peter replied.

"You've got to eat some breakfast."
Aelora frowned. "I don't want anything." Coventina replied.

"Okay but at least, take a sip of juice." Anastacius place an orange juice infront of Coventina.

"I have never felt like this before." She muttered. Anastacius nodded, hiding his stunned expression.

"It's excitement, prongslette." Sirius smiled sadly.

By eleven o'clock the whole school seemed to be out in the stands around the Quidditch pitch. Many students had binoculars. The seats might be raised high in the air but it was still difficult to see what was going on sometimes.

Ron and Hermione joined Neville, Seamus and Dean the West Ham fan up in the top row. As surprise for Coventina, Aelora was also there with Anstacius. They had painted a large banner, royal red colour and black.

It said Potter for President and Dean, who was good at drawing, had done a large Gryffindor lion underneath.

"Aww!"

"They are so cute.

"I agree,"

Then Anstacius had performed a tricky little charm so that the paint flashed different colours.