𝟎𝟓𝟖; ᴄᴜʀsᴇ

"INSIDE, PLEASE," PROFESSOR LUPIN, OPENING IT AND STANDING BACK. The staffroom, a long, paneled room full of old, mismatched chairs, was empty except for one teacher. Professor Snape was sitting in a low
armchair, and he looked around as the class filed in. His eyes were glittering and there was a nasty sneer playing around his mouth.

As Professor Lupin came in and made to close the door behind her, Snape
said, "Leave it open, Lupin. I'd rather not witness this." He got to his feet and strode past the class, his black robes billowing behind him.

"Hmfp, stay very far away from her." Sirius growls softly.

At the doorway he turned on his heel and said, "Possibly no one's warned you, Lupin, but this class contains Neville Longbottom. I would advise you not to entrust him with anything difficult. Not unless Miss Granger is hissing instructions in his ear." Neville went scarlet.

Aelora glared at Snape; it was bad enough that he bullied Neville in his own classes, let alone doing it in front of other teachers.

"Mr Snape, it is clear that you are not fit to be a teacher even if it's seem you are very good with potion, you should treat the students fairly." Professor McGonagall stated firmly.

"He can't even treat his children
fairly." Coventina rolled her eyes.

Professor Lupin had raised her eyebrows. "I was hoping that Neville would assist me with the first stage of the operation," she said, "and I am sure he will perform it admirably." Neville's face went, if possible, even redder. Snape's lip curled, but he left, shutting the door with a snap.

"Thank you, Remina." Alice sigh relievely, she couls always count
on her friends in the future.

"It's not a problem." Remina chuckles.

"Now, then," said Professor Lupin, beckoning the class toward the end of
the room, where there was nothing but an old wardrobe where the teachers kept their spare robes. As Professor Lupin went to stand next to it, the wardrobe gave a sudden wobble, banging off the wall.

"Nothing to worry about," said Professor Lupin calmly because a few people had jumped backward in alarm. "There's a boggart in there."

"Ah, this." Lucius sigh.

Most people seemed to feel that this was something to worry about. Neville gave Professor Lupin a look of pure terror, and Seamus Finnigan eyed the now rattling door knob apprehensively.

"Boggarts like dark, enclosed spaces," said Professor Lupin. "Wardrobes,
the gap beneath beds, the cupboards under sinks- I've even met one that had lodged itself in a grandfather clock. This one moved in yesterday afternoon, and I asked the headmaster if the staff would leave it to give my third years some practice."

"So, the first question we must ask ourselves is, what is a boggart?" Granger put up her hand."It's a shape -shifter," she said. "It can take the shape of whatever it thinks will frighten us most." "Couldn't have put it better myself," said Professor Lupin, and Hermione glowed.

"See? This is call fair," McGonagall mumbled something else. "Even for those who are too smart for their own good."

"So the boggart sitting in the darkness within has not yet assumed a form. He does not yet know what will frighten the person on the other side of the door. Nobody knows what a boggart looks like when he is alone, but when I let him out, he will immediately become whatever each of us most fears."

"This means," said Professor Lupin, choosing to ignore Neville's small
sputter of terror, "that we have a huge advantage over the boggart before we begin. Have you spotted it, Coventina?"