The Professor

The blowing of the wind made the ambient rustle of the forest possible, just as the words of Mary had moved Pepe to move on the rough path ahead that is just as unique as the path of any other trainer, except better. Because it will have Druids in like one more chapter, so hang in there.

The noontime sun sat on the perch atop the Evergreen Forest, where it watches the innocent and uncivilized creatures that make their home in the forest; And those creatures, the ever-loved Pokemon that miraculously makes its way into the hearts of many trainers, live sparsely through a large majority of the forest, only ceasing to settle near the roads, where such a suicidal decision would have said creatures evicted in the blink of an eye.

"And you know, I kinda came to think there'd be more Pokemon just walking about, but no, it's just not that way." The only person that seemed capable of adhering to the whimsical and satirical attitude of Pepe in the area was Hank, although that doesn't mean much since almost nobody populated the surrounding area. Although Hank was far from the most civilized person, he appeared gorgeous in the least and was otherwise the most common looking person of all teenagers. He had the messy hair, styled in such a douchy fashion to compliment the white jacket and bright jeans that he normally wore. His face was pleasant, although it was normally carrying the look of burden or apathy. "But you go into the roads and tall grass and even the tree line and whatdya see? Nothin'. Nothing at all. Not even a Pidgey. But I don't blame them."

"The Pokemon?"

"Yeah. I mean, they aren't THAT stupid. You know, just walking around in tall grass, waiting to be captured. Must suck to be 'em."

"I guess. But Stockholm syndrome."

"But what?" Hank shot a dirty look towards Pepe, showing disgust for that which he did not understand. "I'm just sayin', that if you lived in the forest and only ate berries an' said that's it, that's all there is to life, and that's all to aspire to in life, and that's it, wouldn't you go a bit' mad?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm just thinking, what if Pokemon are a bit crazy? What if they lost their minds?"

"You're overthinking this. They're just animals."

"But they're so much more!"

"But they aren't. They are the very definition of animal- what's not to get?"

And as this conversation continued, a dimwitted Bidoof, unseen in the forest prior to its assault, made a bolt for the innocent legs of Pepe, which would be a one of a kind challenge that is a Pokemon battle. But alas! Pepe is without a Pokemon at his side and has to defer to Hank for whatever appropriate assistance he can offer, which is a tiny yellow Pikachu that he spawns in a few seconds in response to the Bidoof. Both tiny animal figures look at one another, stiffening up their frames to brace and intimidate the other; However, the yellow creature, more experienced in the art of combat, loosened itself , knowing that keeping a stiff figure would simply waste energy, just one marker of the gap between the skills of the two Pokemon.

"Yo, Pikachu, use, uh... Iron Tail." The small yellow creature twitched its ear in acknowledgment and unleashed a light upon its tail, which let the creature launch itself into the air, ready to generate a routine impact from its metal limb. It had performed this attack a hundred times, and will perform it one thousand times more. It will brace itself against the sea of fire, the storms of the seven seas, the wrath that is the raging winds and even the bitter cold freezing the small creature solid, and all for the pleasure of its trainer.

"Ugh," spoke Pepe, "what do you wanna bet that stupid professor Pine is going to give me a Bidoof?"

"Ah, the professor's not that mean. I mean, why would he do that?" A hint of doubt entered Hank's face, which grew into a pinch of doubt, then into a smudge, a smear, and then back into a hint. "Don't jinx it. -Pikachu, again!- And even if you do get a Bidoof, it's not like you'd have gotten nothin. I mean, a Bidoof can be nice. -Pikachu, did I tell you to keep f-kn around? Kick its arse!- After all, a Pokemon is only what you make it into."