Hank and Cerci, pt 2

The two quickly made their ways inside the massive palace called the Jeu d' Animaux. They swiftly stepped into the complex, making their ways through an idling crowd of upper-class looking people. They certainly stood out, wearing only casual uniform compared to the suit and outfit wearing loiterers. Even the Pokemon were equipped in fancy clothing of sorts. The couple, who barreled past this crowd while failing miserably at staying unnoticed, entered a gilded archway into a large stadium boasting thousands of seats circling almost halfway around a stage. It was lit only the slightest, giving a small impression of a fence in the middle, separating the left part of the stage from the right.

The pair shuffled past some of the spectators to make it to a set of red leather seats, around the middle of the theatre. They gave what seemed to be the perfect view of the stage, evenly distributed from left to right and high enough to view the entire stage, while still having perfect acoustics. The seats were dimly lit by the house lights, so Hank and Cerci had just enough light to see; However, it was far from bright inside the theatre. There was a small bustling of people, who were chatting all about. In this there was also the murmur of various Pokemon making noises, either communicating with their trainers or one another.

They took their seats and waited for the play to start, finding there was still quite a bit of time before the play would actually start. They squirmed a bit in their seats before Hank spotted a mysterious man ahead of him. He wore an outfit that was completely back, which looked an awful lot like a tuxedo without the white. However, there was a large squiggly symbol in the middle stitched on in white, not resembling any form save the "~" on a keyboard. He also wore a black fedora, completing the completely suspicious gangster look. With class.

The reason this man came to their attentions was that as soon as Hank and Cerci sat down, he turned to Hank. His face was a broad one, just like any other gruff grunt from an organization. His menacing demeanor wasn't helped by the overhead lighting, causing his fedora to cast a shadow on most of his face. His deep voice said to Hank, "Hank, what are you doing with that witch?"

The wording and meaning of this threw Hank off, but he acted as if this was stated as a metaphor. "How could you talk about her like that?"

Cerci joined in on this, adding, "I'm right here, you know." And then, whispering to Hank, "Uh, who is he?"

Hank responded, "It's just this weird organization. They call themselves team Miasma. Supposedly, they steal Pokemon and stuff, but they proclaim to be good guys anyways. I really have no idea what they do nowadays. Just ignore him."

The man grimaced at this, continuing, "Aw, that's a real pretty girly alright. Wouldn't mind a piece of that. But we know your dirty little secret." The three looked at each other, waiting for whatever was next. "I know you're a real witch."

Hank responded, "Why would you say that?"

"Because, my friends, you are terrible at hiding. Nothing can hide from the all-seeing eye of the great Zygarde, angel amongst people and Pokemon."

"Oh yeah. That was your whole thing."

"And, my little witchie, he wants your pretty little head..."

Cerci replied sarcastically, "Oh, then maybe I should get my broom and fly away."

The mysterious man smiled and responded, "Or maybe you'd transform into an Absol?"

"..."

"..."

"Enjoy the show, witchie."

And so the two remained quiet for the entire play, shifting unevenly in their seats throughout. The house lights dimmed and the stage came alight, revealing a single man standing in the center. He wore tattered clothes, looking almost as if he never intended to be on stage, but as he spoke, what he said was repeated over the speakers and into the auditorium, relaying his purpose there as an actor.