Yay for Cerci!

---
Hello, this chapter mainly revolves around Cerci, so you'll know it'll be the only good part of the book. Kudos for those of you who have read this this far.

This is kind of a filler, unless you are genuinely interested as to how these Druids were recruited in the other world. Surely, though, it couldn't be that interesting.

Now I know I've made out every character from before to be important or play some part in the plot or something, but these newer Druids are more of miscellaneous space-fillers. Don't get too attached. They're not going to be redshirts, either, though.

On a side note, any characters you want dead by the end of the book? Just asking.
---

This wasn't a particularly good day for Cerci. While everybody had their "hello"s and "welcome back"s, there was also some bad news. Eros didn't hesitate to show her the papers depicting the war plans, and considering that the Marquis de Magus was there, there was surely trouble brewing. Might the Marquis have also escaped, considering his powers? And was Articuno really dead? Could the army really destroy all of Morono? And what would happen to all those Pokemon on the island? Even worse, what weapons could Utopia have in store...?

Cerci was pacing the perimeter of the fort, using the catwalks to survey the ever-waving ocean. The moon was high in the sky, yet it could still be seen simultaneously with the ocean. She didn't really need to sleep as much as she did. She never knew why. Even as a kid, she would stay up all night, playing with toys until four in the morn. She sat on the trim for once, resting as she looked out to the sea. Gee, the fort sure was quiet...

Maybe she needs to recruit some more Druids. After all, if they are going to defend the world from anything significant, they're going to need more than a few people and Pokemon. This was meant to be an academy, after all. She could remember the days where the fort was brimming with activity, making itself almost like a college. People would we walking about nearly every hour of the day, with a multitude of services and classes being held throughout. And the day that they were almost out of space for all the new recruits, when she was about 50, they just dug another level underground. With former architects and the power of magic, the place really came along well. And to think, this was all simply a shell for the Equilibrium...

She had already inserted the third stone. The machine made everything almost feel at balance, fueled by the eternal sin or whatever from the humanity stones. The machine did well to keep the balance, but it itself did not keep the peace. It couldn't differentiate between peace and chaos, as it had no sentience. Rather, it was up to the Druids to keep the world from fighting. That was their sole purpose, besides helping others in need. That always gave her a tingly feeling, making somebody else smile. How cheap, it made her sick.

She looked around the empty sea, then the inside of the fort. The stars were clear in the sky, making this night less than dark. She remembered the classes she would hold in the waters, teaching people to have faith in the fact that they could breathe water for the first time. Some of the Mudkip in the water eventually picked up what was going on and had a good time playing with the humans, but she never told anybody. They were rarely permitted to use their powers outside the fort, none the less discuss it with non-magical creatures. Surely, if she told anybody, they would have to stop. And, after all, she enjoyed the little time she spent outside the fort.

How would she go about finding more Druids? She never had any real experience with people, save Eros. The few weeks she spent studying this world surely wouldn't give her as much insight as to persuasion, none the less making people give up their former lives. She'd have to do this textbook style. Literally. She had read forwards and back a scripture dedicated purely to recruiting Druids. There was not much to read based on the world outside the fort; After all, people generally got to experience it first hand. Not the instructors or high enchantresses, though. She was one of the strongest protectors of the fort. After all, some people in the world hate balance. Nobody would lose without drastic disadvantage.