What Now?

---
In honor of me, double feature this week.
---

Now that Cerci planned to retire within weeks, much of the responsibility she carried before now fell upon Eros, the headmaster of the Druids who would have to finally live up to the duties he was assigned to. First, though, he had to understand the whole situation between him and Articuno, which could be much more time consuming than he expected...

"I demand a chilled beverage, serf."

Eros nodded. "Okay. Anything in particular?" He was standing in front of Articuno, who was ready to issue some dickish commands for his own leisure. They stood together atop the catwalk, enjoying the scenery of the bustling students below.

"I don't know, just make it quick!"

"Okay, my savior!" Eros gave a satirical smile as Articuno angrily shooed him off, earning a mean stare on his way to the kitchen. It was a short dash there since it was in the general vicinity, although it was a slightly longer dash back as to prevent spilling the cup of ice water on the ground. He returned not more than three minutes later holding a frosty glass of water, of which he offered bluntly to Articuno.

"Here you go!" Another fake smile.

Articuno gave it an odd glance before stating coolly, "You don't suppose you could pour it in my mouth for me, would you? You see, I have wings..."

Eros nodded and held the cup to Articuno's beak, who tilted his head back while water poured cleanly down his beak; Not a second later, however, he was spitting the water back up an coughing, much to Eros' dismay. "This tastes horrible!"

"... It's water."

"Well, it's terrible water."

Eros, unbelieving of this statement, took a small sip from the water. He attempted to discover the source of his displeasure but found the water completely free from any flavor whatsoever. "It doesn't have a taste."

"Well, it's terrible. Bring me a hot beverage this time." Eros nodded, sighed, and ran back to the kitchen, holding the cup in his hands as he ran.

As he made it into the kitchen, he caught sight of the baker, who waved as he carried a tray of burnt rolls which he was dumping into some kind of compost bin. He waved him down and asked if he served any hot beverages, of which he started listing with "hot chocolate"; Eros didn't bother to listen to the next two or three items before politely asking for the drink. The man nodded and headed back into a set of doorways of which Eros knew led to a cooking area. The entire mess hall was composed of a massive section of tables easily able to host at least ninety people, half of which were covered by some kind of makeshift awning. There was a small, humble rectangle no larger that a bedroom in the corner of this, hosting a few tables and stands carved from stone and wood, much like the tables. These stands hosted many breads and berries, all of which were processed from the small house-sized building on this corner, which contained many ovens and storage areas for foods.

About a minute later, Eros received the cup of hot chocolate and paced towards Articuno once more, carrying the glass cup with a hand displeased from the heat. As he approached, the bird of frost looked in curiosity, unfamiliar with this drink. Eros smiled and said, "It's a bit hot."

"Is that hot cocoa? Is not that beverage typically bitter?"

"No, it's sweet. Now drink up." Eros brought the drink to his beak again, this time pouring it down with caution, and for reasonable results. Articuno almost immediately coughed up the drink once more, this time with a bit of frost in its breath.

"That was too hot, serf! But... I like it! Let me cool it a bit, first. Place it on the ground with the 'x' button!"

Eros, not understanding the exact lingo of Articuno, placed the cup on the ground and stood back; In turn, Articuno let loose a weak breeze over the cup, cooling the liquid significantly, allowing him to drop his beak into the drink and drawing some liquid out by bringing his beak back up.