Xerxes and Dusk, Pt 2

The man stood there, vested in black uniform and cloak, concealing his face behind a mask. His staff was a bright silver, clean and smooth until the tip, which formed a hilt the shape of a mace's head. "Too bad that isn't yours. Might I ask what you're doing here?" Dunk and Xerxes slowly turned to this figure, obviously human in stature. "And Dusk... Did you happen to kill Pepe yet?"

Dusk stuttered, "Sir-"

"Let me answer that for you. No. And why would you go behind my back to steal a Humanity Stone? I thought we had a friendship going between us."

"I don't need your money! I don't have to kill to satisfy you and your needs! I'm not working for you anymore."

The figure paused for a second. Power radiated from him in amounts that may even compare to that of a Legend- no, he could easily overpower one. Even the dust seems to kick away at his presence, ruminating power like no one they've seen before. "That's a shame. I offered you money, safety, power, acceptance... And you go and work to bring about a device that could lead to eternal chaos?"

"It's not like that!"

"Uh, Dusk, who is this?"

Dusk looked over slowly towards Xerxes. The man seemed to almost be giving him permission to speak through his silence, his might making him almost seem like authority towards the Pokemon. Dusk started his explanation in a serious prose, "He is the Marquis de Magus, a Mage from ancient times. He captured me and used me as an assassin. Not to say he didn't reward me handsomely, nor did he ever abuse me. However, his ethics are twisted about. I-"

The man put up his hand and the room fell silent. "Now now, you don't know the whole story, little Sneasel. I never told Duskull my truest intents because I felt it would be too much for him. Alas, I was too late in doing so, and this egg's spoiled. My fault, I should have told him earlier. Let me explain.

"You see, Xerxes- as Duskull has named you- I am also after the Humanity Stones. Why do I need them so much? I wish to protect the world from another war, one I fear is near. One that the menace called Pokemon had started so many years ago. There is a device that will make war unlikely, one that may stop the extinction of man. This device- ah, I'm so proud that I almost told you too much. That's enough of that."

Xerxes was confused. "Wait, you mean that war long ago between humans and Pokemon, right? The one on Utopia? That was the human's fault! They were too harsh back then. Times have changed. Why would we start another war?"

"Ah, I see you are not in the know. There is trouble brewing, Xerxes, and I'm just here to stop it. If you went about the world like I did, you would know Pokemon are rising once more. They want to stop a threat that existed long ago, blind to how times have changed. We can't have that, now, can we? On the other hand, what you plan is truly vile. You wish that both sides have the same power! Don't you understand what will happen? The war will never end! No one can win until everybody is dead!"

Dusk countered with, "That may be possible, but you forget that peace is also possible. If you are truly as just as you believe, then can't you exist in peace with the other side?"

The man took a long sigh and spoke, "But you see, as you yourselves so desperately try to fight in yourselves, Pokemon are savage. Humans are savage, too. Does this not make peace improbable, if not impossible? You are truly insane if you think that an eternal chaos is the solution to life. And so, you must die."

The man raised one empty hand; The other, raised with his staff. He spoke a few words and a darkness spread from under him, slowly making its way to Xerxes and Dusk. The man let out a single word, identifying the spell as none other than "Blight". The stones darkened and crumbled, causing the cavern to slowly collapse. It was approaching the two, causing a sense of dread and fear as the unavoidable death crept closer and closer. As the two backed behind the Humanity Stone, the wave of malice caused even the air to spoil, creating a wave of rotting stench that burned the nose. The wave made its way over the Humanity Stone, causing the chrome support to bend and rust instantly. Unexpectedly to Magus, the Humanity stone crumbled under the power, turning into a rough black powder. The Mage let out the word "Damn" before raising his hand once more.