Keep Your Friends Close...

As the trio sunk even deeper into the ocean, the incandescent orb below continued to enlarge itself. It was a peculiar sight, being the only source of anything besides pitch black for the three, shining its brilliant light onto the undersides of them. Even tinier, brighter lights could be seen dancing within this ball, illuminating what could possibly be a city, which could easily become much more immense as they approach.

Maybe a few minutes after that, it became clear that they were being sucked closer to the city, although not right over the center; In fact, it seemed as if they were headed towards the edge of the city instead, which seemed to be not as bright as the rest of the sphere- or half sphere, it appeared- and only revealed fine stone for flooring.

For about a minute, Eros thought they were going to completely miss the city, being so close to the edge; And they would have, if they were traveling straight down. However, a gentle current brought them inwards more, eventually landing them on the outskirts of what appeared to be a massive stone fortress. The architecture was exquisite, to say the least; None of the masonry in Ashport nor any of the rest of the world could compare to that of the castle but a mile out. Even the floors had the finest lines carved into them, showing just how precise and powerful such an underwater nation could be.

But, as the three would find out, they would have a less than warm welcome. Eros reached what seemed to be the barrier that protected this kingdom from the sea, an undulating layer of water before the air. As he touched this, he felt as if he were suddenly falling from the sky, his weight dragging him down into this new environment (or I could just say he fell. Huh. Maybe I can do more to reduce the space I'm using. God, I'm so wasteful sometimes).

(Do you think I should start recycling? Just asking.)

(I mean, I care about the environment and stuff, but... It's just so much work. I mean, do you recycle at home?)

(Don't answer that. Unless you don't. In which case, you make me feel just a tad less evil.)

(Oh, wait, I have a book to be writing. Gosh, I get so sidetracked nowadays.)

As Eros fell a few feet towards the ground, he heard two other, heavy thumps. Eros looked up and around, seeing beautiful stone walls supporting what seemed to be a floral garden, the beautiful barrier that stood between them and what appeared to be a residential area, similar in appearance to Barcelona. And an even more beautiful line of guards stood between them and the city. They stood iron clad, in heavy plate armor with steel spear in hand.

One of the more gorgeous, albino looking ones said, "Looke here, three Pokemon managed to find this place. That just won't do, will it boys?" The spears were now pointed at the three, who were dazed and confused at what was going on.

In an effort to avoid immediate execution, Eros reverted to his human form right in front of the soldiers, which had changed their demeanors from sly and angry to something along the lines of confused the fuck out.

Eros, spitting out a mouthful of water and dripping with sea water, managed to spit out, "Stop... We're... Not here... To... Uh... Where... Are we?" All this time, Eros was attempting to avoid having any salt water run down his throat.

One of the guards, confused at the Squirtle who turned into a human, noted to the other guards, "I do not believe this kind of jurisdiction is for us to make, seeing this... Creature, as it appears, is not completely human nor Pokemon. Boy, are these your Pokemon?"

Eros, at a loss as to what is happening, stated, "Uh, sure. I-is there a problem?"

"Do you know where you are?"

Surge and Xerxes seemed to be having a harder time recovering from the water, despite their abilities to breathe water. Eros continued, "Could you please tell me?"