Eros and Sicily, pt 4

Eros, Alice and Totodile stood, staring at the newly evolved Flygon in awe. The stood much taller than all three, and then some. Her massive green figure didn't hide her immense strength, the desert spirit standing as an idol of power and ability. She walked over to Eros, standing over him and saying, "You think you wanna evolve, too?"

Eros thought for a second. Could he evolve? What would happen to his human body if he did? Would it be fun and something to be proud of? Eros was intrigued by the possibility of evolution, maybe to the effect that he could become stronger? Maybe he would look older if he evolved. Could he even evolve? Eros was tempted to try, so he rapidly made his way to the fountain, standing by the small stone barrier that held the water in. "I'll try evolving. Wish me luck!"

Eros slowly tried to climb up the rocks, only making it over with the assistance of his Flygon. He made it to the top of the rock, then falling face first into the shallow water. He stood up again, his legs knee-deep in a tingly and chilly water, filling him with some odd vigor that coursed throughout his veins. He looked around, seeing Totodile and Alice trying to peek over the edge, as well as Sicily standing well above the others. He looked around again, seeing the pool stretch all around him, fueled by a stream of water coming from a ledge above. He waded over to the falling water, letting it run down his arms and head. It's been a while since he showered... He looked around, observing any signs that a change was coming upon himself, which he could not find. He looked back at the party, to which Alice spoke.

"Look, uh, I was once a Pokemon trainer, which may be hard to believe. To me, you aren't close to evolving at all. You just seem pudgy to me. I mean, you use magic, not Pokemon moves and stuff. Maybe you should come back in a while."

Eros gave a sad nod and tried climbing out of the pool, once again having to be assisted by Sicily to make it over the edge. "That was depressing," uttered Eros.

"Hey," continued Alice, "I think you're fine just the way you are."

"Uh... Thank you."

After Eros had left the waters, Totodile managed to evolve into Croconaw, getting his own round of applause. However, he downplayed this and ended up not making much of a scene of it (although he was frustrated that he was still shorter than Sicily).

It was a bit awkward on the way back to the guild, since Sicily and Croconaw had been much larger and hence moved much faster than Alice and Eros. However, the trip back was otherwise uneventful. The sun eventually made its trek over the horizon, disappearing into the night. The four went back to the guild, finding a nice meal consisting of apples, berries and an odd gummy candy or two. Eros found the last item especially interesting, since it made his mind feel unnaturally... "stimulated".

Eros and Sicily eventually found themselves sleeping in their rooms once more, ready to search for the Humanity Stone the next day.

"Eros, wake up." Sicily was trying to shake Eros awake, and with effective results. Eros quickly rolled about and found himself on the ground. He looked over to Sicily, who felt a little cramped in the smaller room. Her head could easily hit the ceiling now, so the had to bend her neck down to avoid hurting herself. The two made their ways out of the room, looking for Alice and Croconaw once more. The two were easily found around the central area on the second floor, ready to find the Humanity Stone.

Eros walked over to Alice and asked, "So, where is the stone?"

"We have a strong belief that it's in a cavern called 'Darkroot Oasis'. Someone left a tip, so this is based off of trust; Hence, we can't be certain it's there. Then again, we almost never get people intentionally trying to lie to us, so it should be fine."