3(2+)

----
Merry Christmas, readers!
Unfortunately, as Santa said to me, you are all terrible people. He would give you heaps of coal, but coal's actually pretty expensive, so guess what? He asked me to give you five of the worst, most eyeball-ripping-out chapters you'll ever read! So sit back and go feel ashamed of yourselves, reader(s), as I update at least a few more times for Christmas!
Also, I probably need a better cover. I mean, I put the word 'good' in parentheses on it. Any ideas?
----

---
WARNING: THESE CHAPTERS ARE UNUSUALLY (AND INTENTIONALLY) AWKWARD FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT. HOWEVER, READERS RISK UNSAFE FEELINGS BY CONTINUING TO READ THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS. CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I really hate this chapter. I really do. What's wrong with me?
---

Cerci had to spend a night halfway between Snowpoint and the fort to let the group rest and recover. The vet, who went by the name of John (trust me, you will never hear of these characters again), didn't think the girl's injuries were severe; However, he gave a few pieces of medical tape he had brought to help cover the hole. Despite this, the girl was weary, and her brother couldn't carry her all night, so that was the point where they decided to rest.

At the break of dawn, the group terminated their respite and pressed forwards until they reached the fort, arriving at about noon. While she expected the entrance to be uneventful, it turned out that most of the denizens of the fort, save Hank, gave a warm welcome and stored a bit of extra food for celebration. It was all warm and fuzzy until Cerci demanded that the five new recruits line up and receive a briefing.

The new recruits stood uneven, yet rigid and anxious. Cerci started a monologue with, "Alright, recruits." Everybody simply stared as Cerci spoke. Even the pretentious Mage stood in awe, as Cerci nearly scared them to death with her serrated voice. "None of you know what's exactly going to happen in the next few months, save for the rest of your lives. You have all already decided to become what you may, despite the risks and dangers. Any of you who decide that this is too much, understand that you will never be safe outside these walls. Nobody can help you should you decide to abandon your friends here today. And, whatever you do, nobody can know about what you will become." There was some uneven shifting in the crowd.

Cerci continued, "What you will become is a Druid..." And, for the next few minutes, Cerci detailed the powers and extent of the capabilities of Druids. She covered in detail how the Druids seek to protect the Equilibrium, and what the humanity stones were, and how the witch hunters are hunting Druids, and how peace can exist and that is the mission of the Druids, and about every other bit of the dangers and goals of their profession.

Then, after the extensive monologue, Cerci went over some basic house rules for the fort. Rather standard, save that when Cerci talked about the boys and the girls not 'fooling around', she gave off an extremely odd... Aura, of sorts. It was dead serious, even with a hint of dread. She wasn't speaking with a tone that said, 'You should already know this', nor a tone that said, 'Please don't ask any questions about this', nor even a voice that said, 'This disgusts me'. Rather, it was a tone that was dire and pronounced with authority and entitlement, as if it was of utmost importance to observe.

Other than that, she gave a short tour of the fort and those who inhabited it, giving a brief backstory for each resident (summarized briefly in the last 40 chapters). Hank was found unconscious in one of the rooms, resting peacefully; She did not disturb him, in turn. Soon after, she dismissed each person to their own activities, making her way to Eros as to receive a briefing as to how Hank was progressing.

She found him in one of the human barracks, resting after congregating with the new recruits. She started with, "Had you been able to help Hank yet?"