Spread Your Wings

Eros awoke to Sicily atop his stomach. He didn't like to admit it, but he kinda liked doing this. He thought himself a creep, yet on the inside it felt nice being away from the fort and with somebody that would give her life for him. None the less, this calm eventually had to end and he'd have to march out to Blackreach and attempt to work a peace over the land. Of course, Blachreach was easily one of the scariest places on the planet, the massive city practically fueled on the concepts of crime and thievery. Even as a younger being, Hank avoided the place like a plague. "It ain't safe there. The people don't hold their deals and bribe under the table every second. Ain't no fair business there." Considering that's how Hank felt, maybe war and destruction wasn't too far from an improvement...

Eros nudged Sicily awake, hoping to get back inside and get the skirmish over with as soon as possible. Of course, he was in no hurry to return to serving that asshole Articuno again, so he took his time in letting Sicily awaken once more. She took her sweet time getting off, rolling off of Eros as soon as she woke up and started stretching her wings or something. I don't know. Crazy bitch. The two agreed never to speak of Eros' crying and their conversation, as such were rather embarrassing matters that nobody else was to concern themselves with.

They spent some time looking for Articuno, finding that while he remained within the confines of the fort, he had managed to get himself lost in one of the dorms and couldn't navigate his way around the district, despite his ability to fly. That somehow ended up bringing him to the conclusion that he deserved to sleep in he rooms reserved for humans; Specifically, the one Cerci slept in. No rational explanation could be given as to why, but he did end up obtaining a nasty bruise atop his head. In this time, Sicily also disclosed how much she was going to miss Surge, since he'd be far away and with Hank when he left.

As he found Articuno stumbling around the mess hall, he was discovered to have bugged the baker consistently for more bread, despite having already gone through half of every batch he made. Upset at this, Eros marched up and stated, "What are you doing? I heard you are half the batch of bread!"

"Incorrect. I ate half of the batches of bread, follower. Magnificent treat, I must say. They only gave me stale bread while I was in Utopia. That was, before I froze them and smashed him into a million pieces. Intriguing story, no?"

Eros sighed and shook his head, muttering, "Please just tone it down a bit."

Articuno perked up and stated, "I've actually been thinking, follower. You were considering receiving a blessing of power from me?"

Eros stood straight and alert, suddenly interested in what he had to say. "Y-yeah?"

Articuno smiled and said, "Well, servant, I have decided that as my one and only follower, you deserve to have some kind of symbol of your most agreeable leader; As such, I would propose to educate you in any manner of ability before the skirmish. Of course, I am not omniscient. Only Arceus could possibly contain all the knowledge in the world, so understand that I can't teach you much sorcery beyond-"

"I want to fly!" Eros interrupted Articuno in his speech, making him furious right before he became bewildered.

"You want to fly? You understand that such capabilities are exclusive to the avians with functioning wings."

"No, I mean when I transform into a bird, I can't fly. Can you teach me?"

"When you...? Oh, that is correct. You are a Druid." Articuno extended the u in Druid, as he was uncomfortable with the term. "To think, of all the things you could learn... Well, if you would like to begin, I'd recommend... Transforming... As soon as possible."

Eros nodded and focused inwardly, the eyes of Articuno, Sicily and the baker trained upon him. Within a second, a tiny Pidgey, a bird much smaller than Articuno, came into existence as Eros looked up at the legend. Even so, not a hint of fear not inferiority could be traced upon his face, his eager and keen eyes awaiting the first command. Articuno stood taller and commanded, "Show me what you know."