Down to Hell

Eros was now standing in one of the fort's currently unused rooms, surrounded by all of the Pokemon companions that have accompanied him this far. Sicily, Xerxes, Dusk, Alice and even Feraligatr stood around him, watching him create what appeared to be a mirror formed of magical energy in the ground, a teleportation circle that has yet to have a destination in mind. In all honesty, it took about a day to expect the energy and create such a device and Eros was simply turning it on, but none of the others knew that, considering their inexperience with this level of magic. They were simply happy to see him again.

Alice smiled and said, "So, how's it going?"

Sicily smiled back and said, "Oh, me and Xerxes were just hanging out a lot. I really didn't know her up until now. I mean, as an actual Pokemon."

He group managed to maintain this kind of small talk for the few minutes it took for Eros to initiate the portal. Now that he had created such a device, he was able to teleport to and from his home base with ease, given that he had the energy to do so. At least, in theory. From what he knew, now that he had this device, he was also capable of finding other portals- such as those of mystery dungeons- and instantly using it from his home portal, working as a short kind of daisy-chain. Truly, magic was a blessing.

Dust turned to Eros. "So, where are we going now?"

Eros motioned his hands over the portal, explaining, "Basically, anywhere. All we need is a destination portal to go to. It's like the Internet."

"The Internet?"

"Oh, right. You see, the Internet-"

Alice started to jump with glee a little. "It looks so cool! Where's that place?"

"What?" Eros brought his vision back down to the portal, finding that it had already selected a destination on its own. For some reason, it appeared to be the innards of some laboratory, but he didn't have a clue why the portal would do this on its own. Observing and analyzing the portal, it seems to have been connected to from the other side, meaning that somebody tried to teleport his portal instead. From the looks of the magic, though, this location is... Far underground and towards the northern ocean.

Everybody picked up upon the human's cautionary stance and prepared to fight whatever was coming through, but as nothing did so they lowered their guards and continued to look through the portal. Although Eros tried to determine how this could've happened or what was causing it, all he could determine magically speaking was that something called for an active portal, likely a rerouting kind of device. Ever curious and wanting to continue their expeditions, Eros offered, "Well, should we see where it leads? Something wants us over there."

Sicily, ever concerned as ever, asked, "Are you sure? It could be dangerous, and-"

"I'm going first!!!" Alice jumped into the portal gleefully without a care in the world, hoping for some kind of exciting adventure. Having practically made the choice for everybody else, the others looked to one another before jumping in one by one, unsure of whether or not they were ready to face what was ahead...

A wee bit earlier...

"Shwertmeister, come over here." Inside of her lab, an academic from the Utopian kingdom by the name of Rosemary sat doing her busywork along a large, unkempt desk with paperwork and personal scribbles sprawled about the workspace, save a single section with a tray on it. On the tray were a variety of tools, such as a scalpel and tongs, all of which were covered with a certain creature's bile and rested aside a dissected Rattata. Its stomach was cut finely across the center, the bisected skin flaps folded back rather nearly and skillfully as to allow one to see the creature's innards. Although a few components of the organism were missing, it was still easily recognizable.