Fight of a Lifetime

The Cranidos was starting to loosen the grip Sicily and Totodile had on it, Eevee was dazed and there was little Eros could do about it.

Cranidos was starting to swing faster and faster, meaning the two vices' grips would eventually fade. Even now, Totodile could be seen slipping off, meaning that Sicily was not far behind. Eevee was doing a bit better, though, and Eros was getting away from the wall, should he need to escape another ram.

Eros was next to Eevee, asking "What should we do?"

"I don't know, what-" Eevee was interrupted by some blurry red object that was Sicily knocking her over, followed by Totodile just barely making it over Eros' head. Eros turned to see the Cranidos readying to rear an attack, yet stumbling a little backwards as sand slipped from under its feet. He then noticed that for however powerful this Cranidos was, the party was taking quite a beating. Eevee, Totodile and Sicily couldn't easily make it back to their feet. Even Eros couldn't concentrate and pull out his sparkles with the bleeding hole in his chest. What could he do now?

What could he do? What could he do? Maybe Cerci would magically appear and save the day? Or maybe he could exert all of his magical energy and home for the best? Could he even focus on that? Or maybe let himself faint? But what would happen if everyone knew he was human? What could he do? Would they accept that? Would he have to kill them? Could he kill them? Would he kill them? Maybe he could get away with it if he did it while they didn't stand a chance, like right now- No, Eros knew that he was losing it. He could keep his calm when killing someone he didn't even know, this was no worse. He knew that no matter what, he couldn't stop fighting.

Eros stared at the Cranidos as they faced each other down. There was no way anyone could take him head on, even if they all attacked together. As sand swirled around the Cranidos' feet, inspiration struck. Eros spoke, "Sicily. Run away from it."

Sicily looked depressed. "Why? I can't leave you- Ooohhhhhhhh, arena trap, right?" Sicily made a slow jog away from the Cranidos. As she did, the opponent found its feet dragged forwards and became off balance. The Cranidos would have happily started another charge, but it tried to rear itself when Eros quickly walked towards it, expecting an attack. Totodile joined in on ganging up on the the creature, causing it to lose even more poise for just a moment. As the creature was at its weakest, Eros commanded, "Eevee, use quick-" and, flashing over the heads of the two males, Eevee flew at the Cranidos, knocking it onto its back after it bounced once, then being dragged closer by the sand. Eros then proceeded to jump over the legs of the Cranidos, who would have kicked Eros off before he landed if Totodile hadn't bit one of the legs and held it down.

As Eros landed, he brought a tiny claw with nails outstretched with him, which quickly sank into the exposed chest of the Cranidos. The sheer rush of the fight made Eros forget the damage to his arms. The monster tried pathetically to use its arms to pull Eros off, but its arms were much weaker than even Eros', not helped by the fact Eros' claws helped him grip into the creature. Eros withdrew his claws, the monster below him still in shock from the pain. He then proceeded to slash again, then once more. Without the weight of the fall, however, the scratches barely even penetrated the skin.

That last two attacks were unimportant, however, as the cumulative effects of the attacks before had already knocked the thing out. Eros dismounted from the fallen Cranidos and slowly walked his way back over to the party, where everyone congratulated each other and celebrated a little at their accomplishments.

Another hour of walking made for a boring trip, which was mainly uneventful for all but Eros, who was fiddling around with his own magical abilities. Right after the fight, Eevee gave Eros an oran berry, which would be useless everywhere except a mystery dungeon, and found it caused his wound to stop bleeding and scar a little. It still hurt and was exposed, however, not leaving Eros without injury. He also found that his arms and legs were less sore from their injuries. He decided that he would try focusing his magic on the wound to heal it. He took the smallest fraction of energy and focused it on his cut, hoping that it would heal himself; Rather, he felt a small burning sensation and started to bleed a little. 'Why couldn't he use this on others?' , he thought, until he realized that all he could do outside his body was create sparkles. Why? He tried focusing his magic inwardly on his wound, this time commanding it in rage to heal the spot, forcing it to mend to his ideals in a rough sense. This time, the little bit of bleeding he caused himself stopped. He was satisfied at this, despite his minimal understanding of how this process actually worked. He continued to mend his wounds, yet with barely noticeable results.