The End

Dusk flew up to the field of darkness and scanned for Eros. He looked for a while, unable to find the two in the castle, but after a while, he found that Sicily was flying out, carrying Eros in her arms. By now, the mages and Druids had a mutual understanding, and the undead had simply fallen inactive and dead. All was calm, but held in suspense.

As Sicily dropped near the crowd of magicians and Pokemon, aside the portal back to the fort, she spoke to the gathering crowd, "He's fine. He's exhausted, though. We should get him back soon."

Suddenly, Eros' eyes opened a little and he started to look around. "Ugh... What? Is it over?"

Sicily tilted her head. "Uh, you tell us."

Eros looked around a few times and smiled. He then lost his glee and stated remorsefully, "I did what had to be done."

Then, as if he announced the revelation of time travel, the crowd started to cheer wildly, with a small wave of Eros' name being shouted over and over a few times. Eros smiled and tried to stand up, but ended up just collapsing on to Sicily a few times. As Eros could tell, she enjoyed holding him, so he tried his best to stand on his own every so often. None the less, Sicily was supporting him up the entire time that he stumbled towards the portal back home.

After stepping through, the various crowds joined him in the room beneath the fort, returning what was revealed to be but half of the people remaining before, plus a few mages from the island. As it had turned out, the Marquis turned on his own pupils in his last hours, impatient and confident that he could raise an army from them. If it hadn't been that the Druids had joined the rebelling mages in the last minutes, they might've been all turned undead; But, as luck had it, that wasn't the case. Now, it seemed, the mages would go their own separate ways or offer their services to the Druids, finding the population split between the two.

After taking a few minutes to absorb what just happened in the battle, Eros found himself surrounded by his friends once more, all rather chatty and happy that they made it out alive. It was Sicily who hugged him first, spinning him around a few times before letting him down. "My trainer's a hero! My trainer's a hero!"

Eros tried to settle himself down, but was to uneasy to do so. "Uh, yeah. Yeah... I guess I am."

"So, uh..." Sicily suddenly started to get nervous, trying desperately to shield her thoughts from Eros. "I was wondering if you wanted to, you know... Maybe we could...

It was then that Whitney jumped in and hugged Eros, bringing him close and kissing him right on the lips. "Oh, thou art the greatest of heroes, spoken by action and leader of great men!"

Eros smiled almost devilishly. "Heyyy!!!"

"And what heroism! I must say, you are rather deserving of a reward..." Whitney then invaded Eros' personal space even more, bringing her hips somewhat 'close'. "But what's a leader lacking a woman to run the show...?"

"Yeah, I kind of miss Cerci. She knew a lot when she was here."

The metal Golurk then lightly flicked the back of Eros' head. "That's not what she means."

Whitney ignored both comments. "Oh, how I enjoy the thought. You, head of a powerful army, and me, at your side, uniting you and your people with Utopia... Absolute paradise. The most powerful alliance in the world. But what's an arrangement without some kind of benefit to the Druids?"

Eros tilted his head. "Benefit?"

"Consummation."

"What?"

"You know..." Whitney kissed Eros again. "Stuff."

"Oh!" Eros then quickly whispered to Sicily, "Stay out of the room tonight. Me and Whitney are doing adult stuff later."