Tournament: Final part i promis

---
Woo-hoo! 900 reads! I love you guy(s)!!
---

It was an awkward walk back to the fort, at best. First of all, Eros was carrying Alice back the whole time, something he felt somewhat weird doing while he knew Alice was actually a human; That, and the fact that Feraligatr gave him the stare of death the whole time, protective of Alice as much as Sicily was protective of Eros. That wasn't just it, though. Everybody also felt some kind of resentment or fear of Xerxes, since she had initiated the odd kind of nightmare for all of them, completely justifiably. Xerxes herself was staring at Eros, for he was the only one to traverse that illusory bridge the other way and enter her mind, something that she felt almost violated her right to privacy.

Eros and his Pokemon certainly didn't trust Feraligatr, although there was no way Eros would refuse to keep them safe for the time being; Unfortunately, this earned the slightest bit of contempt from his Pokemon. His decision didn't bear any consequences for the time being, something that Eros could only pray remain true. On the other hand, he had other matters to attend to: The divining Druid had just announced to him that he knew the location of Xerxes' father.

Eros walked into one of the normal barracks, the iron-framed bed holding not only a lone Druid but also a set of tarot cards, some that didn't seem to come from any earthen materials. The Druid didn't bother to reach for the cards; Rather, he simply stood in front of Eros as he explained what he divined. "Headmaster, I have finally divined the location of the Pokemon you were searching for."

"And?" Eros was eager to find out who this mystery creature was.

"He lives in Kalos, on the west of the region. I tried to request a species, but no matter which ones I asked, I never got a positive read. All I know is that it certainly isn't a Sneasel or Weavile, nor any ice type Pokemon. Unfortunately, my seer does not know every single detail, nor were they especially cooperative."

"Unova? That's damn far, ain't it?" If a journey required him to travel that far, it may be out of his means to take Xerxes there, even if he were flying. Morono, which is pretty much Australia if you couldn't figure it out, was on the other side of the world.

"Well, there are a few ships near Ashport headed there, although that isn't really cheap. There are also a few ships docked and abandoned by both the humans and the Pokemon, but I doubt they'd be happy if you took it, and I doubt even more that anybody here could man one. That's all I got."

Eros was frustrated at this, not having means to any of those options. He didn't want to break it to Xerxes, but he didn't have a choice. He has to. "Well, thanks anyways."

"Oh, and one more thing. You had a special message that I couldn't really make sense of. It went, verbatim, 'The songbirds silver and gold, answers untold till their song hold.' The last part didn't make sense, but I'd watch out for songbirds and alike."

"I... Alright. I'll remember that." Eros, a tad paranoid on forgetting the statement, rehearsed it all night, not having any means to write it down. The rest of his night was spend practicing his magic alone and repeating that line over and over, considering how he'd break it to Xerxes.

The next morning was quite hectic. As Eros had it, the last round of the competition would be a Contest Spectacular, something that everybody found both amusing and worked to choose one of the four last contestants. Of course, the only place that they could do it was in Ashport, and since there were some battle tournaments going on this time of year, the concert hall was more than open to the public. The instructors were initially fighting over who would stay and oversee the students who didn't come to see the event, but since everybody was content on going, everybody agreed to up and leave for the day. Of course, the gate would have to be locked, but even if somebody broke in, there wouldn't be much to steal that wasn't available in the surrounding area besides bread.