Cerberus

Eros walked into the city for the last time, finding witch hunter upon witch hunter and questioning them as to where the alleged Cerberus was; Mysteriously, however, no two men would have the same answer, one always only guessing to where he could be and befuddled from the looming threat of the all-out war. The answers varied from, "Who's Cerberus?", to "He's supposed to be here today," to "Wasn't he just over in Ashport?", to even "Cerberus was just here a minute ago, I swear!"

Eros, finding naught amongst the minds of these militia, decided that the person that would end up being the most helpful resided in the gym: Perseus. After all, as commander of the witch hunters, he should have some means of recording every single member, in theory. With that knowledge, Eros worked his way through the city and to the dark-type gym in the center, this time finding the entire center of the city to be devoid of any signs of life. Nobody even dated to peek out of the buildings, making for a lonely city, the thought of which was only augmented when Eros couldn't find the receptionist; None the less, he attempted to navigate down the same hallways as before in a desperate attempt to find him.

While he accidentally opened the doors to a few bathrooms and closets at first, he eventually found the door that opened into the same conference room as before; This time, however, only Perseus and an odd woman in black attire, to whom he knew as Cynthia, were arguing over something that was discussed prior to his entrance.

Cynthia was shouting, "You damn liar! Why the hell wouldn't you tell me?!"

Perseus, desperately attempting to placate her, replied hastily, "This is an emergency! Would you have come if-"

"I'm leaving, NOW!" Cynthia marched out, nearly shoving Eros out of the way as she passed, had he not moved for her. Ignoring this, Eros quietly walked in, finding Perseus shaking his head in the corner of the room.

Finding time to be a luxury he didn't have, Eros asked, "Do ya know of anybody named Cerberus?"

Perseus, obviously frustrated yet somehow compliant, answered, "I'll look him up, but he was just here. Did you look around?" At the conclusion of this statement, he pulled out some kind of flat computer, completely alien in nature (which, my fellow readers, I shall refer to as another term which is much simpler, denoting it as a "tablet"). He flicked his fingers across the screen a few times, remaining silent for quite a while.

"Uh... Yeah. I looked around." Eros, finding himself ignored, asked another question. "Is Cerberus important or anything?"

Perseus looked up for only a second, replying, "Yeah. Founder of the hunters. Appeared only recently. Few prior records as to his existence. And... From what I can gather here... Yep, I got his file. No name and identity, likely so nobody would know. We make it an option. Let's see... Well, he should be in this city today. If you're looking for him, just ask around."

Eros, not finding this helpful, asked for further iteration. "Had he gone anywhere special or done anything weird?"

Perseus looked him over, visibly distrusting of Eros. "You better have a good reason for wanting this."

"Well... I just saw him on some really remote island that I happened across. Why was he there?"

Seemingly appeased by this answer, Perseus replied, "From what's here, he's been all across Morono. He took a special excursion just a while ago, but... He didn't say where he went or why. The only note he left was 'Don't follow me'. His attendance is pretty spotty and he's nothing special otherwise."

"Oh. Thanks." What was he supposed to make of that? A man who didn't do anything special besides go to that island... And even so, it would be natural, considering he was the effective counterpart to the Marquis de Magus, since, well, witch hunter. If the Mages were associated to the humans, is this truly a battle of Pokemon versus Utopia and the Mages? Then why didn't he see any mages anywhere? On top of that, were there really mages living amongst the people of Morono, and, if so, why? Most importantly, what do the witch hunters know of the mages...?