HERO!

Can you guess the name of the song I was listening to when I came up with the title? ~ <3

Hint: One Punch Man theme song

Bidoofy and Dusk had jumped through the mirror, feeling rather indifferent as they had done so. As far as Dusk could tell, this portal was significantly different than the one Eros had summoned before, lacking the motion sickness that moved him to a different location. Oddly enough, though, he did fell some kind of odd aura about him, making him feel alienated and unwelcome to wherever they had arrived. Otherwise, the air was thick in a rather sweet, nearly spiritual smell, a tone that made everything look sugary and pink. It was basically hell.

The Ampharos looked to the others who arrived and said, "Oh dear! Would you mind asking your friend to stop pointing that long knife at me? It is making me uncomfortable."

Bidoofy stepped forwards and, ignoring the question, asked, "Where are we?"

"Ahem! This human man wants to kill me!" The Ampharos looked down at Bidoofy, almost staggering as he made eye contact.

"Alrighty. Manus." Manus gave a frown of disapproval and sheathed his rapier, ending the hostile part of the confrontation. "Now, where are we?"

The Ampharos struggled a bit, stuttering as he began, but soon ended up replying in a soft voice, "You're at an old mansion that we- I bought."

"But the mirror?"

"It was a portal."

"I knows that! But where did it take us?"

"Uh..." The Ampharos tilted its head, closely observing Bidoofy even more. "The land of Fae."

"Fae? Like fairies?"

"Yes..." The Amphoros looked at Bidoofy even closer, now bending down and invading his personal space. "Say, I have a completely unrelated question. If I were going to compare two dark people as competent allies, how would I make an idiom for that?"

"Like a necrophile and a serial killer? You shouldn't say that, sir, 'cause it's not very nice to say."

"Oh my... That's practically word for word."

"What?" Bidoofy backed up a little, discomforted by this unknown Pokemon; But, none the less, the Ampharos took Bidoofy up in his arms and embraced him diligently.

"Oh, dad, I missed you!"

"Wha- Come again?"

"Don't you remember me? I'm Shepherd, your son! Something must have happened to you! You were gone for so long, remember?"

"Uh... Sorry to disappoint, lil' one, but, eh... I ain't seen you before."

"No, I swear it! Come on, look at me! Don't I look at least a little bit familiar?"

"No."

"Aw! But we can't keep on going without a king..."

"N-now hold on a second, a king?" Bidoofy looked straight into the Ampharos' eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, it's nothing..." The Ampharos put Bidoofy down, turning his head away manipulatively. "My dad was king, that's all."

"Now, I ain't mean to be changing my mind all of a sudden, but I think your face rings a bell..."

Manus frowned and commented, "Ye shouldn't do 'at..."

But what was said was already said. "Really? Oh, I knew you wouldn't forget!" Ampharos did a little twirl, taking Bidoofy with him. "Everybody's been missing you!"