Ka-los call (As in, close call)

---
Well, I just made up a pun for Kalos, so I'm pretty ecstatic.
---

The rest of the trip to Kalos was quite tense. It almost seemed as if everybody forgot about Xerxes the day after the attack and nobody even spoke of it after they left the ship. Eros was also receiving some looks of concern from Xerxes and Dusk when they heard he didn't bother to tell Cerci. Even Alice seemed worried that he didn't tell anybody, but as Eros was concerned with looking after himself, he didn't feel the need to say anything about it. The days went on without worry until the docked somewhere in Kalos, finding themselves in the city of Shalour.

While the costal city was nice, it certainly didn't contain any hint as to where Xerxes' father was, so they decided to walk to the easternmost, south-ier and in some other direction part of the island, a trip that they expected to take only a few hours (or, in game, five minutes). Nobody even batted an eye towards the party who walked amongst the trees and pathways almost with a sense of superiority, since Eros had finally acquired that +3 bonus needed to climb over logs. What do you mean, "Plus three what?" Plus three fuck you.

The Pokemon here also seemed kinda formal and all, stating their levels before they met him and starting every conversation with, "Battle commencing!" Unluckily for them, Eros simply ran past and ignored them, not being chased in any manner for some reason. His GUI also got a bit cocky and started telling him where he was and what he did and didn't have, as if it were some kind of know-it-all bastard asshole. Friggin GUI.

Of course, Eros made sure to do a little sightseeing as he headed towards Geosenge Town, since it was the easternmost city and likely a good place to start his search. The path there was riddled with trainers, although Eros had enough guile and reasoning to have them let him pass without conflict, as the trainers were offered to solve the riddle, "The songbirds silver and gold, answers untold till their song hold." Unfortunately, nobody even had the slightest clues as to what they meant, with only a few suggesting that the poem refer to the powerful trainers named Silver and Gold. Satisfied with a riddle rather than a battle, Eros made it into Geosenge Town with little difficulty.

Eros walked into Geosenge town, finding the might structures formed from the rocks thousands of years ago almost resembled modern architecture in its design and shape, a technological fear of the civilization many years ago. The buildings there were full of people much kinder than those in Morono, even going the distance to compliment how 'cool' Eros' accent was (because EVERYTHING in Australia is cool). None the less, nobody had any idea what the riddle or poem meant, simply stating that the town might not be the best place to search. None the less again, Eros spent the day looking for any kind of songbird he could find, coming up short of more unsure locals.

During his day in the city, Feraligatr and Alice had a chance to rest from all of their walking, siting right outside the Pokemon center as Eros had Xerxes' wounds around her wrist inspected. As the nurse stated, it appeared to be mainly a visual effect on her arm, dealing no kind of direct physical ability, although it seemed that some indescribably and possibly otherworldly force had weakened her body so that it way become more prone to diseases of sorts; However, there was nothing that could be done about it now, as it had appeared, since they hadn't the technology nor even the reason to deal with such an insignificant affliction.

Eros found a hotel in the city, which provided many more chances to ask about the riddle; However, as for both answers and cheap lodging, he found none, leaving him to spend the night outside the city and scavenging for berries instead of searching. None the less, he had a fruitful (pun) harvest and ended up making quite the decent fire for himself and his Pokemon as he rested the night there.

He spent the next two days unsuccessfully looking for any kind of hints or markers as to where this elusive Pokemon may lie, even daring to ask the clueless local Pokemon about the riddles and the Pokemon. As it seemed, nobody even heard of the riddle before and the entire charade was a wild goose chase, leaving the party in quite the helpless situation in terms of returning successful in their endeavors; However, at the morning of the third day, as they were about to pack up and leave the area, Eros caught sight of a mysterious Chatot. Spotting the bird before it saw him, Eros took the opportunity to release Xerxes from her ball, doing so with the utmost stealth that he could manage; With all those crazy sound effects and stuff, though, the Chatot almost instantly turned its head towards Eros, staring at him from above.