Island of the Mages

Eros spent a good thirty minutes, at minimum, walking down the hall and to the next branch off the hallway. The walls were a simple concrete much like the room, the only significant differences being the rectangular form, the occasional studded-in torch and the barred steel prison doors, much like the one in his chamber. It wasn't that interesting moving for a half hour, considering he was making a pathetic pace. Just as he was about to make it the the illuminated hallway and see what was around the corner, the guard patrolling down the halls finished his job and was walking back toward Eros, and quickly.

Eros, not wanting to get caught, started kicking at the ground again in an effort to dig a hole and escape from view, if not at least partially, but only found himself starting to borough his body into the ground when the guard was directly over him, his black cowl only partially obscuring the rough face hidden beneath. He looked down upon Eros, observing the Trapinch for only a second before shouting, "No! Stop that! Stop!"

The guard hovered his hand around Eros' massive head, attempting to grab his body and lift him up; Instinctually, as the man's hand approached his head, he immediately stopped his digging and snapped at the man's hand, causing him he yelp. "Damnit!"

A voice came from down the hall, "What is it?"

"A friggin Trapinch bit my hand!" His voice hastened as a result of his pain.

"Use a morphine patch or something!

"What?!"

"I just heard a guy in Ashport did that once!"

"Just get over here and hit it or something!"

"How about YOU get over HERE, you lazy bastard!"

The man grumbled and almost started to run down the hall, being careful not to shake Eros as his teeth dug in almost against his will. He soon turned the corner and revealed a lobby very unwelcoming with its well illuminated concrete walls, a common theme within this building. There was a counter in one of the corners, the other side blocked off by iron bars, holding what looked to be an uninterested Mage behind who was busy flipping through papers. On the other side of the room were a few backless benches that could hold more than at least six people, even though it only held one. Between the benches was another corridor that Eros would never discover the contents of and a double glass (although reinforced) door in front of him, which appears to be the way out.

The Mage with Eros on his hand walked into the room and towards the man behind the counter, almost panicking at the situation at hand (no pun intended). The man behind the counter looked up from his book, a novel about a hero or whatnot, and looked to the man. He simply stated, "You friggin idiot."

The man tried waving his arm a bit, only managing to let a little blood into Eros' mouth and tearing at him in the slightest. He retorted, "How do you get it off?!"

"You don't. You just have to wait." The man with the Trapinch frowned at him, earning another response. "Are you sure that one prisoner is fine?"

"I-I told you! He's just in the corner!"

"He was staked to the middle." The man was starting to lower his book and reach for something under the counter.

"Well, the shackles looked a bit loose on him. Might've just slipped off." For whatever reason the man was deciding to lie, likely for his own benefit, Eros was much for the better.

The man eased himself a bit, leaning back and emitting a small clink from under the desk. "We should probably get them back on."

"Y-yeah, but..."

"Eh, mages are a pain to do anyways. Probably got some seal on him or whatever, from what I heard. Useless without magic. I don't even know why they just didn't do a normal cell. How about tomorrow?"