Chapter 2 - Disaggrements

The next evening, at youth group, I was sitting in the living room after the lesson. I was sitting on the chair beside the couch. Ashton was sitting on the couch. Kaely was standing in front of my chair, and I was holding onto her hands, making sure she stayed upwards. Ashton was turned towards Weston who was our age.

Kaely turned away from me and towards Ashton. I kept ahold of her hands, but I couldn't when she took a step towards Ashton, reached her hands out to him, saying, "Dada!"

"Ashton!" I snapped him out of talking to Weston, and he turned around to see Kaely walking slowly -by herself- towards him. I snapped a picture really quick with my brand-new phone Ashton had gotten me for my birthday and another when he got the hugest smile on his face when she got to him and raised her hands to him, still saying, "dada!"

He picked her up, raising her above his head. He praised her, "good job, Kaely!!" She smiled at him. I loved their relationship, even though they just met a week ago. I think it is so cute how Kaely calls Ashton "dada". He seems to be okay with it, which I love. Ashton is the only father figure she has, and he's doing a great job of filling that spot. I love seeing how much Kaely loves Ashton. I'm glad she loves him, because I do too. I love him so much that words can't explain.

I was still speechless from Kaely taking her first steps. She said her first word yesterday, and took her first steps today! This was a big milestone weekend.

I saw Piper watching from the kitchen. She saw her take the steps. She came over to me and asked, "were those her first steps?"

"yeah!" I answered and smiled.

"And did I hear her call Ashton dada?"

"Yeah. He's the only father figure she has since her father is in jail and will be for the next four and a half years. Also what's weird is that today is Father's Day!" I laughed.

"Yeah. It's cute that she calls your boyfriend dada. She sees him lots and probably thinks, 'oh, this must be my dad.'"

I laughed and said, "yeah I bet. I think it's cute too. I'm glad she likes Ashton and that Ashton likes her. That's a good thing because I really like Ashton."

"I really like you too, babe" Ashton was behind me again, "actually, I don't really like you, I love you"

"I love you too, Ash" I said, pecking him on the lips. I went to grab Kaely from him, but Kaely began to cry. She didn't want to be away from Ashton. That would create a problem.. Ashton looked at me like saying, "oh, no.."

"I hope she doesn't do this all of the time," I said. I didn't want her to get used to being around Ashton, then for some reason, we break up and she won't like being away from Ashton.

"Yeah.." He agreed, "but if she does.. I'll have to stay with you tonight.. She might not want to give me up," he smirked at me.

"Yeah.. That'll work," I smirked back at him.

"She really likes me."

"I like that she likes you. It's so cute. You're really the only guy around her accept for here, and she thinks of you as a father"

"I like that," he smiled.

"Really?"

"Really," He said, "I like that she thinks I'm her dad, and that's good that she does, because I'm the closest thing she has to a dad. I don't want her to grow up without a dad like I did," he had told me about his dad before, "and her dad's in jail..."

"Yeah, but when he gets out he wants to be in her life. I told him that we'll have to see"

"No, Chloe. I'm not letting him get anywhere near you again. And I'm not going to let him get near Kaely."

"Ashton.. I don't know. He said he's changed, but I don't know if I fully believe him. I've been sending him letters and pictures of Kaely."

"Chloe.."

"What, Ashton? What's wrong with that? Kaely is his daughter, after all!"

"I know, but.." He sighed, "he's in jail."

"Yeah, so?"

"Because he raped you. He's a rapist! I don't want him getting anywhere near you once he gets out of jail. He could rape you again. Do you want that happening? You can see him while he's in jail, just as long as I'm there, okay? But you can't get anywhere near him once he gets out. You need to keep Kaely away from him too," Ashton raised his voice.

"Fine. I just feel bad because he wants to be in Kaely's life, as her father."

"Well, he can't be a real father while in jail."

"I know," I admit. I feel bad for another small disagreement we had. I don't like when Ashton raises his voice at me or when I raise my voice at him. I like when we are happy, not when we have disagreements, but we always work them out, and that's good.