Chapter 34 - Airport

February 20, 2013

I had just got back home from my third day of college. I think college will be okay. It will be challenging at times, but I'm only three days in, and I'm already ahead. I'm going to try to stay a week ahead just in case I'd have to take off a few days. Tomorrow, Ashton leaves for tour. I'm going with him to the airport, but I'll have to wake up really early.

I walked into the house, and I heard Ashton and Kaely running around in the backyard. I heard something else too. I didn't know what it was. It sounded like a dog, most likely one of the neighbor dogs.

I made my way out towards the back of the house. As I looked out the glass back door, I saw Kaely running around with Ashton and a dog. I hadn't ever seen the dog before.

When I walked out, Ashton said hello to me. He grabbed the small boxer in his arms and came up to me.

"Hey babe.." He smiled.

"Hey," I gave him a quick kiss on the lips, "whose dog is that?"

He just looked at me. He smirked. I got what he was getting at. His smirk turned into a smile, "ours."

"I thought so.."

"Is that okay?"

"It's fine. As long as it will be okay being here while I'm at college.."

"Maybe your mum could stay here during the day until you get home. She can get Kaely off of the bus here."

"I guess, if she wouldn't mind."

"Hopefully she won't."

"Is it trained or not?"

"It is, actually. I'm surprised they were able to teach him so fast because he's only about three months old."

"And it's so cute."

"He won't say this little for long, trust me."

"Yeah, I know. Is that why you got a boxer?"

"Maybe.."

"Ash, I'll be fine here. It's not like I'll need a dog to protect me."

"Well, we have the dog now."

"I know. Thank you," I smiled. He let the dog down from his arms. He began running around with Kaely again.

"Did you guys think of a name yet?" I asked.

"Kaely likes Dax."

"Yeah, that's cute," I looked at Kaely coming towards me. She hugged me. Dax came trotting along behind Kaely.

We all went inside. Kaely played with Dax a little more. I thought it was so cute. I was going to like having a dog around. He would have to go out a lot and run around too, but Kaely would do most of that. He would probably need to be taken on walks every once in a while. I wouldn't mind that. I like taking walks.

I also liked the fact that Ashton got a dog to help protect me while he's gone. It was so cute that he was worried about me. I loved his protective side. He's been especially protective ever since Jacob took me.

I also couldn't believe he was leaving tomorrow. I didn't want him to go. I would miss him way too much.

"Babe.." Ashton was snapping his fingers in front of my face, taking me out of my trance. I replied, "yeah?"

"When I got Dax, the people were giving me some tips.. Like, don't take him out right away in the morning or he'll begin to wake you up early to go out. They said to make sure he gets plenty of exercise. And the more he gets to know you, the more he'll protect you.."

"Okay. I'll make sure that happens," I smiled.

"I just don't want you to.. get hurt," he began to tear up, "without me here, you won't have anyone to keep you from getting hurt."

"Ash, I've told you, I'll be fine."

"I don't want to leave you," he whispered.

"We'll talk to each other enough, okay? I don't want you to go either, but you are following your dream with three of your best friends. I support you and your decisions."

"And I love that you do that," he smiled.

"Only because I love you.."

------

The next morning, at the airport, Kaely was clinging onto Ashton. They had already called for Ashton's flight once. They were going to call it again soon. Kaely wasn't giving Ashton up, though, no matter what.

"Kaely, daddy has to go," I told her, trying to pry her off of him.

"NO!!" She squealed, gripping onto Ashton tighter.

"Kaely, you can't go with daddy," I pulled on her. Ashton frowned.

"Come on, baby girl.. Daddy needs to leave now," Ashton told her, pushing her off of him. She was strong.

"Daddy," her eyes began to fill with tears. She would not let him go.

"I'll see you in a few months, okay Kaely?"

"Don't go," she cried.

"Baby, daddy has to go," he told her right before they called for his flight again. This was the last call.

"Seriously, Kaely, daddy has to leave, now," he looked at me, as if to say, "help me.."

I motioned the boys over, and they all helped me get Kaely off of Ashton. I held her back, even though she was squirming around a lot. She was reaching her arms out to Ashton, crying. I was crying also.

"Kaely, let's go home," I told her, making my way out of the airport.

"I want daddy," she cried.

"You'll see daddy soon, okay baby?"

"I want him now, though."

"Me too, Kaely, but we'll see him soon. We can talk to him tomorrow, alright?"

She sniffled a few times, "okay.."

I placed her into her seat and after that, got into mine. I began to drive home. I soon had to get ready for school and had to get Kaely ready for the same. Today is her first day of preschool. I'm going to take her to school and leave straight from there to college.