Chapter 48 - Hospital

I ran out into the hallway to see Kaely at the end of it, covered in toys that had fallen. I quickly made my way over to her when I heard footsteps.

"Ash?" It was Chloe.

"Babe.." I motioned her over. I took all of the toys off of Kaely and began to see that her head was bleeding slightly, and she was unconscious.

"Chloe, call an ambulance, right now," I ordered.

"What's wrong?"

"Just do it!" I exclaimed.

The boys sleepily walked into the hallway. They saw me cradling the unconscious Kaely in my arms. I had them turn on a light.

"What happened?" Michael asked, walking over to me.

"She must've bumped into the shelves of toys, and they fell on top of her. She's unconscious."

"Oh my god," Calum helped by getting Kristen awake to help us.

"Kristen!! Where's the gauze?" I asked her, panicking about Kaely's head bleeding.

"Here," she had gone out of the room and brought some back with her. I took it from her and placed it on Kaely's head before keeping my hand there. Chloe came back in from calling for an ambulance, and she was crying.

"Baby, calm down. It'll be alright. She'll be alright. Don't worry," I soothed. She was still crying.

The ambulance got there soon, and they got Kaely into the back. Chloe and I went in the back as well, while the boys and Kristen got into Chloe's car with Kristen driving and stayed right behind us all of the way to the hospital.

------

"Kaely Walters's family?" The doctor asked and the nineteen of us stood up, some of the kids with presents (A/N: all I'm picturing is when the young girl is in the hospital on "Game Plan"😂). We had called Kristen's parents to make sure they knew where we were, and they all came. They all loved Kaely and was worried.

"Come with me," the doctor motioned. We followed her, and she took us to Kaely's room. Thank god it was a big enough room to fit the nineteen of us.

"So.. What did you find out?" Chloe asked worriedly.

"Well, we think she might have temporary memory loss. At the most, it'll be a week until she gains her memory, but to speed it up, tell her some stories about the past. Maybe remind her about who everyone is, show her pictures, things like that. And we've stopped the bleeding, but we would like for the bandage to stay there until it's completely healed, which will not take long," the doctor explained. We all sighed sighs of relief.

The doctor left, and a few minutes after that, Kaely woke up. Chloe and I walked over to her. She wasn't sure about us at first.

"Hi, Kaely.." Chloe smiled at her.

"I'm Kaely?" She asked, and we nodded.

"I'm your mummy," Chloe told her, then I added, "and I'm your daddy."

"Are these all my brothers and sisters?" Kaely asked, confused.

*Chloe's POV*

"No, no, baby. This is Uncle Mikey, Uncle Lukey, and Uncle Cal," Ash pointed at each of the boys.

"And this is mummy's friend, Kristen," I told her, "and these are her brothers and sisters, and her mummy and daddy."

"Oh," Kaely still didn't seem to understand.

"Where are we?" She asked.

"We're in the hospital, baby.." Ashton began to explain, "you had an accident and toys fell on your head, causing you not to know who anyone is or remember anything."

"But I wanna remember," she pouted.

"It'll be okay, Kaely. We'll try to help you remember as much as possible," Ashton got out his phone and showed her all of the pictures he had of him and her, me and her, or all of us. She was happy then.

"Do you remember any of these?" He asked. She shook her head.

"It's okay, don't worry. You'll have your memory back within a week," I promised her.

She smiled, then decided she wanted to go back to sleep. I watched her as she fell back to sleep. I was sad because she was sad.

------

Later that morning, Kaely was asking questions, and Ashton and I were answering them. She asked some pretty interesting questions. There was one she really wanted to know.

"Are you and daddy married?" She asked me.

"Not yet, Kaely. In about a week we will be," I smiled at her.

"I thought you had to be married to have kids, like me."

"No, that's not exactly how it works, baby," Ashton told her.

"How does it work then?"

I nudged Ashton, making sure he wouldn't tell her. He just laughed, and I assured her, "we'll tell you in a while, a long while, okay?"

"Okay," She agreed. She continued asking us questions about anything and everything. She really wanted to know more.

"Kaely, do you want to rest a little?" I wondered, "You can ask us more questions later."

"Okay," she nodded and laid her head down. She slowly fell asleep, and I found myself drifting to sleep with my head falling onto Ashton's shoulder. He smiled and grabbed my hand and kissed it, then I fell asleep.