Chapter 24 - "I'm an adult now."

"Ash... Who's that?" I asked him.

"I don't know," he answered. He got up out of the bed and put a pair of his sweatpants on after putting on some boxers. He walked out of the room, but I stayed under the covers and in the bed.

*Ashton's POV*

I walked out of the room and down the stairs after I put sweatpants on. When I got halfway down the stairs, I saw my mum wandering around. It looked like she was looking for something.

"Hey mum," she was surprised by me, "what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I'm sorry.. I didn't know I was interrupting you and Chloe," she looked sternly at me.

"You didn't interrupt us!"

"Then why are you really hot and sweaty with no shirt on?"

"It's hot in her room, and this is comfy. Mum, lay off. Nothing is going to happen!"

"I just don't want you guys to get pregnant at eighteen.. I'm sorry."

"Even if we would, we're adults and I think we can do what we want without a parent's opinion on it."

"You still live with me, don't you? You live under my roof, so my rules."

"Well, right now we're under Chloe's roof, and we can do what we please."

"It's Grace's roof."

"She left it to Chloe when she died," I emphasized died. My mum forgot that part.

"Oh, sorry about that, but still, you're my child and you'll do what I say. And I say you will not have sex until marriage!"

"First of all, I'm not a child, nor a teenager, I'm an adult now. I should be able to do whatever I want, even have sex, without having to ask you first. That's pretty much what the law is saying that you're free when you're eighteen. I will take your advice, but not your rules or orders," I said and whispered the last part, "because I've already broken one."

"What you're saying is that you have had sex before?"

"Not before tonight," I wasn't like this to talk like this to my mum, but she could get so controlling.

"So you did have sex tonight!?!!"

"Maybe we did, maybe we didn't. You'll never know, will you?"

"What if Chloe gets pregnant?"

"What if we used a condom?"

"What if the condom was expired?"

"What if we checked and it wasn't?" I fired back and heard footsteps on the stairs. I turned around to see Chloe coming down in pajamas.

"Hello Chloe," my mum looked at her.

"Are you guys discussing sex down here?" She asked, turned her back to my mum and she too looked sternly at me.

"Yes we are. And you're a part of the conversation, of course," mum said.

"Not to be rude, Anne Marie, but Ashton and I are adults and I think we have the right to do whatever we please and do it whenever we please."

"Yeah, mum, and what are you doing here anyways?"

"I just realized that when I was here the other day, I had left my phone, and I'm going to need it tomorrow since I'm going away for the day. You remembered that, right? You're going to have to be home with Lauren and Harry, okay?"

"Yes, I remembered. But I think I might've saw your phone in the kitchen.."

"Thanks.." She said, walking into the kitchen.

*Chloe's POV*

"Good job, babe.. I think we won," he smiled and kissed my neck quickly before walking behind his mum into the kitchen to see if she found her phone.

Anne Marie came out of the kitchen right in front of Ashton, and she was about to leave. Before she could, I heard the pitter-patter of little feet running down the stairs.

"Nana!!" Kaely ran towards Anne Marie, who she called Nana, of course.

"Hey sweetie!" Anne Marie picked her up as Kaely ran towards her.

"Kaely! You're supposed to be sleeping!" I scolded.

"Sorry mummy. I heard you guys, and I wanted to see Nana," she smiled and hugged her Nana.

"That's okay, but lets get you back to bed. I'll see you later, Anne Marie!" I said goodbye to her as I took Kaely up the stairs. I heard Ashton say goodbye to his mum and follow us up the stairs.

Once I got Kaely asleep again, Ashton and I walked back into our room. I laid down, and Ashton laid beside me.

"Babe.. My mum accused us of having sex and breaking her rules.." He told me what had gone on downstairs with her.

"Did you tell her we did have sex?"

"Sort of.."

"Fuck you, Ash..."

"Well, you did, and that's what my mum found out about," he smirked.

"Oh my god.." I rolled my eyes before turning my back to him, letting his arm drape around my waist while I fell asleep.