Chapter 12 - Splits

November 29, 2010

Today was the day of Kaely's first gymnastics class. Ashton drove us both out to the place where the class was being held.

We walked in, and there were pads all over the floor. I gave Kaely a kiss goodbye, and she hugged me. A tall, skinny woman with long, blonde hair that I'd say was in her low-twenties in a leotard came over to Ashton, Kaely, and me.

"Hello! You must be Chloe!" She exclaimed and I nodded, "it's so nice to meet you!" She hugged me.

"You must be Ashton," she looked at Ashton.

"This must be Kaely! Hi Kaely!" She crouched down to Kaely's height and waited for Kaely's answer.

"Hi!" Kaely said excitedly.

"I'm Paisley. It was nice to meet you guys. And Kaely," she looked down at Kaely, "you're going to have lots of fun here today and you're going to learn lots about gymnastics!"

"Yay!" Kaely smiled.

"Okay, Kaely, I'll see you in an hour!" I told her as she ran off with Paisley to the group of other toddlers.

As Ashton and I walked out of the building, he said, "I think she's going to like gymnastics."

"Yeah. She seems really excited about it.." I replied.

We walked to the car and drove home, talking about Kaely the whole time. This will be one of the very few times I'll be at home without her.

------

An hour later, we went back to pick Kaely up, then brought her back home again. While driving home, Kaely told us about some new friends she met.

"Did you meet any new friends?" I asked her from the front seat.

"Yeah. Josie," she said.

"Oh, Josie? Is she nice?"

"Yeah. Really nice. And pretty."

"She's pretty?"

"Yeah."

"Is she your age?"

"No. Fwee," she tried to say three.

"Oh okay. We'll have to invite her over sometime for a play date huh?"

"Yeah!"

We got home sooner after that, and Kaely ran inside. I walked in behind her and she said, "mummy, daddy, look!"

She slid down into a split on the floor. I was surprised that she could do that after just one practice!

"Wow, Kaely! You learned that today?"

"Yeah."

"Well that's cool! I used to be able to do that. Now I can't, really.."

"You could do a split?" Ashton asked from behind me.

"Yeah. I used to take gymnastics when I was younger, but then I stopped. You know."

"Yeah. But have you tried a split since?"

"Actually.. No, I haven't."

"Well try one!"

"I don't want to hurt myself, though."

"Don't force it. Just try it."

"Okay.." I said, "but first I need to change out of these skinny jeans."

"Okay."

I ran upstairs, saying hello to Mrs. Smith, then going into my room and changing into leggings. I went back down the steps, and over towards Ashton who was sitting on the couch with Kaely, waiting for me.

"So, babe, let's see what you can do," Ashton said, smiling.

"I need to stretch a little. I don't want to pull something."

"yeah, I don't want that to happen either, babe."

I began to stretch quickly. After stretching for a few minutes, I tried my split as Ashton and Kaely watched. I went down into the split and what surprised me was that I could actually do it..

After going into the split, Kaely came over towards me and did her split beside me. Ashton took a picture of us with his phone.

"This is going to be my new lock screen. My two girls," he smiled.

"Thanks babe," I said, and he leaned down to kiss me.

"Now could you help me up?" I asked, and he reached his arms down towards me for me to grab. I grabbed onto his arms, and he pulled me up. Kaely got up easily, and she trotted off to her playroom.