Chapter 21 - Terri

*Chloe's POV*

On Tuesday of the following week, I took Kaely to head-start before driving to my school. When I got there, I went straight to my locker. A few of the popular kids came over to me and began to talk to me. That usually doesn't happen.

"Hey Chloe!!" Terri, the head cheerleader, exclaimed.

"Hey Terri, what do you want?" I asked.

"Um, I'm trying to be nice.."

"Sorry, but what do you want?"

"I was just wondering about Ashton going on tour. Is it true?"

"Yeah. He's leaving in February with his band."

"Awesome! That's really cool that you're dating a band member.."

"Thanks. I started dating him a while ago, not even knowing that he was thinking about being in a band, though."

"Yeah. Chloe, you're not too bad as people say. Wait- is Ashton your daughter's father?"

"No.. Her dad is in jail," I figured I'd tell her. I didn't care. I was about to graduate anyways. Maybe if she told the whole grade, some people might accept me if they knew the truth.

"Wait... Jacob Thomas, wasn't it?"

"How'd you know?"

"He went to this school, and he was put in jail for rape. Wait, oh my god, you were raped! I'm so sorry, Chloe."

"It's alright. I'm glad Kaely is here. She's my daughter, by the way."

"Oh, cool.. Do you mind if I tell anybody? I think more people will accept you if you tell them the truth.."

"Yeah, I was thinking about it."

"Do you want to tell them? I won't if you want to."

"No, you can tell them, please? It would be a lot easier."

"I will. You're not a bitch, though, like everyone says. You're actually really nice."

"Thanks Terri," for once, somebody was nice to me. I was surprised it was the head cheerleader.

"So, are we, like, friends now?" She wondered, smiling.

"I guess so," I smiled back at her.

------

Later that day, almost everyone knew. Everyone was asking me if it was true, and I would nod, then tell them yes. Many people were being a lot nicer to me.

I was really happy when I got to my car at the end of the day. Ashton was already there, and he was wondering why I was so happy.

"Didn't you hear?" I asked him.

"That? You're happy that got out?"

"I was the one that told Terri to tell people."

"Terri? The head cheerleader?" He asked, and I nodded. He continued, "and she talked to you?"

"She was telling me how cool it was that you and your band were going on tour. She actually wondered if you were Kaely's father, and I ended up telling her the truth. I told her to tell everyone because, I mean, she was really nice to me once she found out I had a rough past."

"Now that you say about it, I did see a lot of people talking to you today. I didn't get any insults about being your boyfriend either.."

"Yeah. It worked," I smiled at him, then began to drive towards the elementary, where the head-start classes were held. They weren't held in the elementary, but in the building right beside it.

I walked towards the doors where the other parents were. Most were at least ten years older than me, but they were all at least five years older than me. Suddenly, a large group of kids started to run out towards us. Kaely spotted me and ran towards me.

"Is daddy with you today?" She asked when she got to me. She asks that every day.

"Yes, he is.."

"Yay!!" She jumped up and down, then ran towards the car. Ashton got out and caught her. He swung her around in a circle, then placed her in the backseat and helped her buckle. Ashton was just amazing with her. Moments like this happen everyday, but I hope they never stop happening.

~

Sorry it's been such short chapters lately:( Hopefully they'll be longer soon:)

-Lizzie xx